GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
JayTee, I know MY 2017-2019 had an I4 and V6 not sure if MY 2020 will have the 2.0L Turbo or not but it will have the V6 with Auto Start/Stop along with AFM.

We almost always had the 3rd row seats down for my big wheel walker but they came in handy when my son got remarried and we went out to dinner with his new SIL, wife, granddaughter and the 2 of us. Like you said the cargo space is a little bigger than your Equinox, so you won't lose any space

Down here we're seeing the same discount that you're seeing.

One other thing that may have an impact on my city driving. We very rarely get below freezing temps that last more than overnight, no warming the car up plus it's garage kept.

Good luck. Stop back and tell us the details of your Acadia.

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
976 Posts
This has always concerned me about these key FOBs. I sometimes take long solo drives. If I’m out with a single FOB and something happens to it electronically (exposed to water, maybe even just a dead battery),

It will start the car with a dead fob battery when you place it next to the receiver.

·
Registered
498 Posts
JayTee2014, you are a lot like me:

Once thinking about a different/new vehicle; we cannot rest/relax until it's done :wink:

Reactions: scbearsfan

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Ok . bought it. A bit tired. 320 mile drive to Laura GMC. Drove back with wife following me and had family radios to chat back and forth while we drove. DIC shows a high of 33.4 MPG and 29.9 MPG over all for the drive back at speeds mostly 60 to 62 MPH with a few stints up to 72 or so. At 60 MPH. . +30 MPG seems very doable. As 65 MPH is approached or exceeded . . MPH starts to drop. Will see what actual is when I fill up today. Acadia 3.6L LGX FWD.

Left at 4:15 AM, breakfast at Cracker Barrel at 6:30 AM, arrived at Laura GMC at 10:10 AM after the two stops along the way.
Busy at Laura GMC. Sales people say they sell 600 to +1000 GMC and Buick a month ! I believe it. At least 20 or more sales people there, lot's more staff, even a lounge hostess, free coffee, bakery items, snacks, watched HGTV while we waited to get into one of the 4 finance people processing papers. About 2 hours there. Nice folks, all friendly and own home. Shout out to Justin Schaeffer and Mike Miller who took car of us. Justine handled the Q/A I had via email and was mentioned he had a wedding this weekend so Mike Miller handled the test drive, viewing and paper work for us. Did I say this place was BUSY? Constant movement and no one stops for long. Mike must have gotten 6 phone calls in 15 minutes, pages, and handled setting up a test drive for another couple all while taking care of us.

Anyway. . . a bit tuckered. :grin:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hope your Acadia works out well for you.
Great time to buy as the incentives are really good now.
Did you trade in your 15 Equinox?
Pics?

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hope your Acadia works out well for you.
Great time to buy as the incentives are really good now.
Did you trade in your 15 Equinox?
Pics?

No still have the Equinox and putting up for sale. Maybe family members.

And, yes, couldn't pass up the deal. I don't have pictures of our exact Acadia yet. . it was raining a lot here yet and on the way home. Glad to see similar DIC MPG as our Equinox.

Pictures of one like we purchased are as shown a few posts above.

The ride and passenger plus cargo space is much nicer and couldn't pass up the price when it cost less than our 2015 Equinox with more of everything. Next years models , 2020, will have the dreaded Start/Stop that I do not care for. Plus the 2.0L turbo will be a large option so makes me wonder when the V6 might disappear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Maybe Colt will want to buy it :grin:

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

LOL. .. maybe. Less than 38,000 miles and like new. $19,000 out the door and has a transferable GM 60,000 mile 6 year warranty. :grin:

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

LOL. .. maybe. Less than 38,000 miles and like new. $19,000 out the door. And still has extended warranty ! :grin:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ok . bought it.
:grin:
Congrats on your new acquisition! I kinda saw this coming as I read your post about the great deals and available inventory that you had discovered.

Enjoy the new ride! Will probably see less of your presence on this forum, unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Congrats on your new acquisition! I kinda saw this coming as I read your post about the great deals and available inventory that you had discovered.

Enjoy the new ride! Will probably see less of your presence on this forum, unfortunately.

Thanks ! We pondered this purchase, but have rarely come across both a decent price, trim level and colors that matched us. I've ordered out the last 3 vehicles out of 4 since 2010. But the biggest thing was price, more cars going to turbo 4s, Start/Stop, etc. The Acadia has AFM (cylinder deactivation) I can live with I see the DIC show "V4" mode quite a bit at steady speeds even up to 50 MPH or more under low loads and/or level roads.

Mmm . . I think I'll be around for awhile yet. This is one of the better forums I've come across over all. Still active after all these years. The Acadia forum does not seem to be nearly as active.

·
Registered
958 Posts
JayTee---Congratulations on the new acquisition! Hope you stay connected with this forum--I've enjoyed interacting with you and appreciate your insight. Not to mention our common background with USAF.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
JayTee---Congratulations on the new acquisition! Hope you stay connected with this forum--I've enjoyed interacting with you and appreciate your insight. Not to mention our common background with USAF.

Thank you sir ! I'll keep frequenting here as long as I have something to contribute at least now and then.
It is a good forum.

We found the Acadia to fit us a little better with a bit more room and comfort. Had the price not been as good as it was, I would have passed it up. But almost 25% off on a current model year with the selection as good as it is won us over.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Well ... well ... well ... so you pulled the trigger on the new vehicle! Good for you! I wish you the best of luck with it! I actually saw your post on the other forum first ("JayTee2019" now! LOL!), and wondered what you got for your Terrain on trade-in. But now I see that you still have it!

And then I had to laugh - when I came over here - and saw RedNox's post: "maybe Colt will buy it".

And then the "wheels started turning". You know - I DO like to consider all options. That's why it can take me forever to make a move. You should see me play chess. If you don't make me use a clock, you better have a piece of graph paper ready at the end of the night! (LOL!)

So your Nox only has 38,000 miles on it. I'm sure I could drive it my requisite 222,222 miles ... maybe 238,000 miles with that V6. I'd be saving myself around $7,000 from what I'd be paying for an SLE-2 (or SLT-1) Acadia. And I'm sure you've taken good care of it.

But here's the problem (there's *always* a problem): besides the fact that I haven't bought a "used" vehicle since my college days, I'd also have over $5,000 in purchase "points" that would go to waste. Could I have transferred these points to you for use in your Acadia purchase? I think the answer is "yes", but you probably already have a GM discount that would've rendered these transferred points unusable, right?

So as tempting as it sounds, I don't think we can make a deal. And I won't get into any numbers here because I don't want to taint your negotiation with someone else on this board. Maybe that guy who posted recently about buying a used 2015 would be interested (IF that's a real person, that is)... (LOL!)

But anyway ... good luck. I saw the color and really like it. It looks like a metallic brown? Hadn't seen that color, nor the interior color either. Maybe both are somewhat rare?

Here's a question for you, though: I'd been looking for an SLE-2, but with the 8" screen - which always seems to appear as an option on the Monroney sticker. With the SLT's, though - I always thought the 8" screen was *standard*. But when I read your post on the other forum and started going through Laura's inventory (again), I filtered for SLTs and saw a unit with the 8" screen showing up as an option on the Monroney sticker (like an SLE-2)!!

Do some SLTs come with the 7" screen? OR - Is it possible to have a two-knob radio with a 7" screen? I always thought the 7" screens only came with the single knob (in the center), while all the 2-knob radios were 8" screens.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
JayTee - Congrats ! Thanks for all of the valuable insights and sharing of your knowledge on this forum. You have been a very valuable contributor, and we also developed a friendship outside of this forum. You will be missed.

Bets of luck with your new ride, and life in general.

Rit

So, those "deals" at Laura were *real*, huh ?

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
JayTee - Congrats ! Thanks for all of the valuable insights and sharing of your knowledge on this forum. You have been a very valuable contributor, and we also developed a friendship outside of this forum. You will be missed.

Bets of luck with your new ride, and life in general.

Rit

So, those "deals" at Laura were *real*, huh ?

Thanks RIT . . . for all the well wishes ! How's the fishing this year so far? Maybe we will find time to cruise up to the Adirondacks. Wife keeps mentioning that or the Rockies. But they still are getting snow out west in Estes Park. I'm more for the East. . . Got any cold beer? :grin:

And, yes, the deals are real there. No "service unit", damaged or "seconds" there at Laura. Our Acadia has an April 14, 2019 build date on the Build Sheet so barely sat there 2 months, if that, given transportation time from Springhill, TN. I also like that the Acadia is built here in CONUS.

I couldn't pass it up even though it wasn't exactly "time" for us to make a purchase. Just over $1,000 less than it cost for our 2015 Equinox LTZ. Nice stitched edging, soft touch dash and other areas. Very responsive and I filled it up after the 330 mile drive back home . . . 28.33 MPG calculated for the first fill up.

I'll still be around. Habit now checking in here. Plus, the Acadia forum . . . not too active. If there are 2 or 3 new posts a day that is a lot so far what I see.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Well ... well ... well ... so you pulled the trigger on the new vehicle! Good for you! I wish you the best of luck with it! I actually saw your post on the other forum first ("JayTee2019" now! LOL!), and wondered what you got for your Terrain on trade-in. But now I see that you still have it!

Do some SLTs come with the 7" screen? OR - Is it possible to have a two-knob radio with a 7" screen? I always thought the 7" screens only came with the single knob (in the center), while all the 2-knob radios were 8" screens.

Thanks for the well wishes !

The exterior color is called Smokey Quartz Metallic and the interior is Cocoa-Light Ash.
Neither shows up well on internet or even brochure photos. We happened to see one here at a local dealer and realized it appealed to us more than some other color choices we were considering.

The "Smokey Quartz" looks more like a sparkly "titanium" with a slight bronze tint. It goes well with the interior colors which, yes, we only have seen two on local dealer lots and only a few with other exterior colors at Laura.

I found it confusing also about the 8" screen. From what I can tell, some of the info from GMC in both online and offline documentation on standard features is not correct. Surprise . . right?
Anyway, we have the actual build sheet for our Acadia SLT-1 standard trim level. . with ZERO added options or upgrades. The SLT-1 comes standard with the IO5 8" radio screen and Bose.

IO5 - GMC INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM,WITH 8" DIAG. COLOR TOUCHSCREEN VOICE RECOGNITION, BLUETOOTH AUDIO STREAMING, APPLE CARPLAY & ANDROID AUTO CAPABLE, IN-VEH. APPS CAPABLE

By the way. . Laura has purchased two other dealers (one in Dallas area?) and will be developing the same high volume low cost business model there. Not sure of the time frame or exactly where according to the sales manager we talked to.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Interesting . . I just checked Laura again today and the dealer discount has decreased by $264 on the same SLT-1 we purchased on Saturday.
They must have sold a boat load last week. They had at least 24 sales people on hand when we were there all busy. Plus all the rest of the staff. I asked the finance guy who handles the paper work if he was the only guy doing it. He said . . "No, there are 4 others" !

I noticed this back in 2015 when I checked Laura pricing on Terrains from week to week the dealer discount would vary.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts