GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Here's another question. Has anyone found a lock gas cap for the Terrain? With the price of gas and my vehicle being parked outside while at work, I would like to protect the expensive fuel....

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its nice to hear that GM has added some type of anti siphon device to prevent gas theft! The other issue that I want to make sure about is preventing someone from placing any contaminants into the fuel tank. Stuff like sand, water, sugar.... If the gas cap is locked, that will prevent any vandalism.

Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
635 Posts
What about Key proof paint and puncture proof tires?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dam*---I wouldn't even need side moldings then. Just a 30,000 volt static electricity generator that goes to ground whenever anyone or anything gets within 10 feet! Perfect.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Islander said:
Dam*---I wouldn't even need side moldings then. Just a 30,000 volt static electricity generator that goes to ground whenever anyone or anything gets within 10 feet! Perfect.
Im almost there with static voltage. Driving a loaner with cloth seats..Static so bad I'm afraid to close the door after I get out! ZAPPP!!!![/color]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies!

My search for a locking fuel cap is more precationary. As a public safety officer you can't make all citizen contacts a positive one. There has been some rare but very real vandalism committed on personal property. I believe in being safe then sorry.

Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have you checked at your dealer? Maybe they can order you one? I know the Envoy's, Yukon's and Sierra's have it available. Maybe it will become available over time.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Locking gas caps are VERY easy to get off. They are nothing but a 2 sec thing cant disable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts