GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a way to do this and sometimes we need to. What I did see was after a period of time, it would shut off, maybe 15 minutes. Was wondering if there was a way to increase the time before it shuts down.
2021 Premier model

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My '20 Traverse shuts off after 30 min. if the gas pedal is not depressed. No simple way to turn it off as that is programmed into the computer. I believe its fuel savings related and possibly suicide prevention also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found I can extend my 15 minutes by an additional 15 minutes by using the buttons on my FOB. 30 minutes is the max though. That would be more than enough time for us. I would also wonder if over heating may be part of the issue too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
repairman54 said:
... and possibly suicide prevention also.
Interesting point.

My 2020 Equinox and my hybrid both will sound an alarm if the doors are closed, the engine is running, and a fob is not inside the car. That function is optionally turned on with the Equinox but cannot be shut off on the hybrid.

There were many deaths early on caused by hybrid owners getting out of their cars in the garage with the "engine" running but the internal combustion engine was not actually running. Then later on the gas engine would start up, particularly in the winter, and fill the home with exhaust fumes.

When I first got my hybrid, my first pushbutton start car, I left it "running" a few times but the loud beeping as I walked away from the car let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could not lock it right on getting out of the car. It would just unlock itself. I had to wait about 15 to 20 seconds. Then lock and leave the FOB with my wife. Had to then walk back and check, it was indeed locked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting point.

My 2020 Equinox and my hybrid both will sound an alarm if the doors are closed, the engine is running, and a fob is not inside the car. That function is optionally turned on with the Equinox but cannot be shut off on the hybrid.

There were many deaths early on caused by hybrid owners getting out of their cars in the garage with the "engine" running but the internal combustion engine was not actually running. Then later on the gas engine would start up, particularly in the winter, and fill the home with exhaust fumes.

When I first got my hybrid, my first pushbutton start car, I left it "running" a few times but the loud beeping as I walked away from the car let me know.
Same thing... they both sound an alarm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts