GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was vacuuming out my front floor the other day and one of the buttons holding the driver's side floor mat popped out. No matter what I did, the damned thing wouldn't go back. Had to get an oil change anyway and showed it to the dealer. They ended up having to replace all 4 floor mats because the little button was broke. I'm not complaining as it was under warranty, but replace ALL of them? They changed styles so couldn't just replace the bad one.
I've had more "little" stuff happen with this car than any I've ever had that I bought new. A/C shutting down occasionally, the radio wouldn't shut off or respond to anything I did. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Maybe I should have bought the Ford Edge.

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Frisco1522 said:
I was vacuuming out my front floor the other day and one of the buttons holding the driver's side floor mat popped out. No matter what I did, the damned thing wouldn't go back. Had to get an oil change anyway and showed it to the dealer. They ended up having to replace all 4 floor mats because the little button was broke. I'm not complaining as it was under warranty, but replace ALL of them? They changed styles so couldn't just replace the bad one.
I've had more "little" stuff happen with this car than any I've ever had that I bought new. A/C shutting down occasionally, the radio wouldn't shut off or respond to anything I did. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Maybe I should have bought the Ford Edge.
Car manufacturers are very conservative when it comes to problems with floor mats - especially after all of the bad press that the Camry got over floor mat issues.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
While I am sorry to hear about the concerns with your vehicle, I am happy that you were able to work with the dealer to have them resolved. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yesterday my wife said she had to fiddle with the ignition key before the ignition lock would turn. I think this thing has poltergeists!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh the drama! Maybe the steering wheel was just locked?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong again grasshopper. It's always locked when the ignition is off and she knows to wiggle it if the key works hard. No drama here, just wierd stuff.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well this grasshopper will be sitting here waiting for the next devastating thing to happen. Maybe the door won't close on the first push shut? Better start looking for a lemon law attorney.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Frisco1522 said:
Yesterday my wife said she had to fiddle with the ignition key before the ignition lock would turn. I think this thing has poltergeists!
Has your concern been resolved regarding your ignition? Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tricia,
Hasn't happened again. It's kind of like the other little stuff, happens once or twice but won't do it for the dealer. No big deal, just thought someone else had had it happen to them. I thought this was an informational web site where we shared our experiences, so I'll lock the drama key.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Frisco1522 said:
Tricia,
Hasn't happened again. It's kind of like the other little stuff, happens once or twice but won't do it for the dealer. No big deal, just thought someone else had had it happen to them. I thought this was an informational web site where we shared our experiences, so I'll lock the drama key.
Thanks for the reply. Let me know if it happens again or becomes more frequent. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts