GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did you discover a little known feature...
or
found out something operates differently than what you expected...
or
found a feature you didn't know you had...

Post your findings here !

By the way...it doesn't matter if you "RTFM" or not (even though you should have) ::)

For the sake of others and to avoid confusion between models...please post the year/model/trim and options so others don't think they should have something they don't[/color]

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok...so I'll start

2011 1LT Nox 2.4L
Driver Convenience/Cargo Management/Protection Pkgs

Yeah we "read the 'f'ing manual" and either missed it...or............anyway:

So you come to a stop and are still in gear and the doors are locked
The passenger wants to get out of the right front door

Just pull the inner door handle twice and the door opens !!! cool !!!

no reaching for that hard to find unlock button on the center stack ;D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I heard about it here, but I did verify it on my car:

The easy flash feature...bump the turn signal without engaging it when changing lanes...you will get three blinks without having to hold it in position or turn it off.

Interesting story...I was driving on a local road trip with a friend following. At the next stop, she jumps me telling me that I am have some kind of OC disorder...every time I change lanes my turn signal flashes EXACTLY three times...goes on to tell me that I have some kind of problem. I explain the the Terrain has this feature with the turn signal lever...turn it around on her...if she is getting crazy counting my turn signal flashes, then maybe she is the one with issues. That did not go over so well.

To be continued.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jstpsntym said:
...if she is getting crazy counting my turn signal flashes, then maybe she is the one with issues. That did not go over so well.
ROFLMAO...Hahahaha
great story

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That is funny.

The visors will extend out. If you look closely to where the visor meets the roof you will see two arrows. Swing the visor out and pull on it towards the rear of the car. Itll slide out about 4".

·
Registered
748 Posts
jstpsntym said:
turn it around on her...if she is getting crazy counting my turn signal flashes, then maybe she is the one with issues. That did not go over so well.

To be continued.
That is hilarious. And you have a point. Who does that? Please keep us updated on the outcome of that one...

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you start the truck, there is no need to hold the key in the start position until it is running, just turn it to the start position momentarily and let it go back to the run position it will crank and start on its own...

·
Registered
378 Posts
When you turn off the engine the radio and window/sunroof controls will continue to operate as long as the driver doesn't open the door. The point here is the driver - on my Impala it would do same but as soon as someone exited all turned off. I have habit of closing windows after tunrning off car so if I had a passenger with me who didn't know about the power feature them opening the door would require me to turn they key again.

With the equinox they can exit and you can continue to close windows.

·
Registered
120 Posts
jstpsntym said:
I heard about it here, but I did verify it on my car:

The easy flash feature...bump the turn signal without engaging it when changing lanes...you will get three blinks without having to hold it in position or turn it off.
Perfect timing, I just noticed this a few days ago and tried to explain to my wife but she thought I was crazy. Thanks for letting me know I am not the crazy one, your friend might take the cake.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My son discovered this one while he was sitting in the car waiting for me.

Even without the key in the ignition, you can turn on the radio. Push the left hand button to turn it on and you will have full functionality. I am not sure how long it will continue to play without shutting off on its own...I would assume 10 minutes or so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bballr4567 said:
That is funny.

The visors will extend out. If you look closely to where the visor meets the roof you will see two arrows. Swing the visor out and pull on it towards the rear of the car. Itll slide out about 4".
I just discovered that feature recently. I was about to post a comment in here about how the only thing I don't like about the 'nox is the fact that the visors are too short. This was a real problem when the visor was fipped to the door position... it wouldn't cover the window far enough back to block the sun. Now I just slide it down the rail to block that one spot that wasn't covered. I felt like a moron when I finally figured it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
jstpsntym said:
Even without the key in the ignition, you can turn on the radio.
I did not know that, very cool! This thread is awesome :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
NateDC said:
I just discovered that feature recently. I was about to post a comment in here about how the only thing I don't like about the 'nox is the fact that the visors are too short. This was a real problem when the visor was fipped to the door position... it wouldn't cover the window far enough back to block the sun. Now I just slide it down the rail to block that one spot that wasn't covered. I felt like a moron when I finally figured it.
Unfortunately for tall guys like me who sit all the way back it's still not enough :( My Impala extended further to cover all the way to the door column, on the equinox there are 2 inches left and that's where the sun is always at in the morning for the longest straight stretch out of my commute! I've been thinking about opening it up and seeing if I can extend it further somehow or add some kind of attachment at the end.

·
Registered
748 Posts
jstpsntym said:
My son discovered this one while he was sitting in the car waiting for me.

Even without the key in the ignition, you can turn on the radio. Push the left hand button to turn it on and you will have full functionality. I am not sure how long it will continue to play without shutting off on its own...I would assume 10 minutes or so.
Is that before or after you're done driving? I know you can do it after you cut the car off but dont exit. I dont think you can do it by just opening the door.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Is that before or after you're done driving? I know you can do it after you cut the car off but dont exit. I dont think you can do it by just opening the door.
Doesn't matter. If you're in the car you can turn the radio on. Key doesn't need to be in the ignition. I wish it stayed on longer though.

It stays on for like 20 minutes in my G8.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
equinox2 said:
Unfortunately for tall guys like me who sit all the way back it's still not enough :( My Impala extended further to cover all the way to the door column, on the equinox there are 2 inches left and that's where the sun is always at in the morning for the longest straight stretch out of my commute! I've been thinking about opening it up and seeing if I can extend it further somehow or add some kind of attachment at the end.
Get a clip and a thick piece of paper. ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Get a clip and a thick piece of paper. ;)
LOL used to do that on my corolla years ago. I want the inside of my equinox to look perfect so there will be no cardboard, clips or rubber bands ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So who's next?

There must be some more features the rest of us don't know about...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed a new exciting feature since purchasing my Equinox, every 15th of the month, my bank account goes down.
Who woulda known?

1 - 20 of 521 Posts