GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well folks, you know those pretty blue lights in various locations throughout the interior? I just noticed that one of mine does not work. It is the one by the front passenger door handle. I'd hate to complain about such a minor thing. I mean, it is absolutely useless (but pretty), and I sure have better things to do than wait for repair guys to take apart the whole door panel, which would probably cause other issues anyway.

But let me know your thoughts. has anyone else noticed the little blue lights not working?

On another note, one thing that I have noticed is that the steering column controls (wipers, lights) are not illuminated at all. Are they supposed to be?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Seems like a small thing, but still something you'll want to get fixed while you're still under the bumper to bumper warranty. I don't think I've ever had a car with lighted turn-signal/wiper controls (that I recall)...but to answer your question, mine aren't lighted either.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I agree with NoobNox

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just got a latter from GM last week for a recall that required the Computer Module behind the heater controls need to replaced... It controls heater air and ac controls, defrost, radio controls and as well as some of the illumination.. Might be related might not... Its just a thought.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
dietz4ibanez said:
I just got a latter from GM last week for a recall that required the Computer Module behind the heater controls need to replaced... It controls heater air and ac controls, defrost, radio controls and as well as some of the illumination.. Might be related might not... Its just a thought.
probably not related, but incidentally...I just took my Nox in this morning for the same recall and I was in and out in under 30 minutes. Seems that they will just do a reprogram instead of replacing the whole thing..to me that is preferrable to having them dismantle the dash on a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I wonder if this relates to the Terrain also. I'm taking my Terrain in tomorrow to get the woofer replaced and will ask them if mine is included in the recall.

·
Registered
137 Posts
dm2010nox said:
well folks, you know those pretty blue lights in various locations throughout the interior? I just noticed that one of mine does not work. It is the one by the front passenger door handle. I'd hate to complain about such a minor thing. I mean, it is absolutely useless (but pretty), and I sure have better things to do than wait for repair guys to take apart the whole door panel, which would probably cause other issues anyway.

dm2010nox; which model do you have. I have the 1LT and mine have never worked. I' thinking that this model doesn't have any but the 2LT and the LTZ may have??? Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
dietz4ibanez said:
Interesting you got that so late. That was actually recalled late last year. The dealer where we bought our 'Nox already did it before we bought it, this was back in January.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts