GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run a line driver using the factory sub speaker wires(@ the sub) if so does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe if you have premium sound. In a lot of these cars like the equinox that sub in the back is actually a noise cancelling speaker and doesn't actually play music. Don't use that line go from the panel inside the b pillar where the wires go into the doors that's what I did.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Actually . . . for a sub if you are tapping off of door speakers. . . . in the Equinox/Terrain . .. it is best to tap off the FRONT door speakers. . . not the rear (B pillar).

It depends. . . what year and what trim level Equinox/Terrain an owner has.

The front door speakers receive a full range signal from the factory amp. The rears speaker . . . Not so in 2nd Gen Equinox at least.
Some have used a rear door speaker tap and been disappointed. Others , depending on the powered sub amp . . . might do ok. . . but the bass is better off the front door speakers.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
I guess 2 12's would give more bass no matter what. There are several threads here starting from back in 2015 or so where most have found connecting to the front door speakers is best. Also, may depend on whether the Equinox has the low trim lever radio or the Pioneer system from the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe if you have premium sound. In a lot of these cars like the equinox that sub in the back is actually a noise cancelling speaker and doesn't actually play music. Don't use that line go from the panel inside the b pillar where the wires go into the doors that's what I did.
you were spot on. My factory sub was just NC so I bought the UV8 amp for $50 on eBay. Plug and play!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts