GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Terrain and it would have been ideal to use the RemoteLink iPhone App to auto-start the car, etc.

Why not make it available for 2010 Terrain's when it is available in the 2011 Terrain? They both have Onstar and are the same
vehicle? Is there an OEM retrofit that would make it available?

I find the range on the auto-start is very, very limiting. Seems like you need to be within 100m to make it work.

Paul

·
Registered
338 Posts
The OnStar module (VCIM) is different from 2010 to 2011. This is the only reason it won't work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ChevyMgr said:
The OnStar module (VCIM) is different from 2010 to 2011. This is the only reason it won't work.
This is not something that I guess GM can not change under warranty?

Paul

·
Registered
338 Posts
brunp said:
This is not something that I guess GM can not change under warranty?

Paul
No.

·
Registered
289 Posts
brunp said:
Any options for extending the range of the remote?

Paul
300 feet isn't long enough? Are you looking at starting it from a mile away? It is RF and that has a limited range in small devices.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, not a mile away, but it would be nice to start it from my window in my office building where I have complete visibility and is just about 300 ft away or perhaps a little over. If I press the remote right against the window then it is a hit/miss as to whether the signal is received. At least I get visible confirmation by looking at the car.

I don't always have the luxury of parking closer... :-(

Paul

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Put it up to your CHIN.
This should get you maybe 50-100 feet more...

Not a joke. Try it- youll be pleased.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
up to my chin....I am trying to start it through a window on the second floor of my office building, so I think I am high enough. :)

Paul

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
yeah you should be....
if that doesnt work
as you walk to the car- try it- you should get some distance out of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it works once I get outside and if the car is close enough (i.e, within 150 ft), but it should work over a greater distance....

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts