GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the winter here in the northeast, the outside of the liftgate window gets dirty easily due to weather conditions. I occasionally use the squeegee/brush available at gas station pumps to wash off the dirt and clean the rear window while getting gas for the car. I have found that it is hard to wash and squeegee off the water in the area under the wiper arm because the wiper only seems capable of being hinged away from the glass to about 15 deg whereas the front windshield wipers can be hinged away about 60 deg for easy cleaning. Does anyone have an easy solution for this?

2010 Terrain SLT-2
V-6, AWD
Merlot Jewel Metallic/Jet Black Perforated
no other options

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great Post! I grabbed mine to do the very same thing and SNAP the hard plastic cover broke at the pivot point. My dealer replaced mine, but now that I'm more aware of it not moving I'll be more careful!.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On a related note, it would have been smarter if the washer fluid nozzle was on the other side of the read window. When I engage the rear washer fluid, the wiper moves and the fluid just squirts behind the blade so most of the window doesn't get any fluid on it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Certainly not well thought out. Barely enough room to even clean the window underneath. But not really a big deal to me...I'm used to it already.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's also ugly. I'll replace it with a rear-wiper-delete-kit (washer+plastic plug) as soon as I can find it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That would be a great aftermarket item for someone to invent to replace the stock unit.
I'd buy one in a minute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts