GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noobe here. Anyway to adjust the liftgate height when opened? If my garage door is open the liftgate hits it when fully up. I do not have the power liftgate.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
chiphead said:
Noobe here. Anyway to adjust the liftgate height when opened? If my garage door is open the liftgate hits it when fully up. I do not have the power liftgate.
Thanks.
I think you are SOL. The power lift-gate has a middle-setting, but the manual does not. You'll have to be careful, or else put a "bumper" where it hits to protect your vehicle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
RIT333 said:
I think you are SOL. The power lift-gate has a middle-setting, but the manual does not. You'll have to be careful, or else put a "bumper" where it hits to protect your vehicle.
RIT333 is correct. Only the power liftgate can be set to a specific point ( as long as the overhead console switch is set to 3/4).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those swim noodles that the kids use make great bumpers. Cheap and soft.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
fullcourt said:
What a great idea ! :thumb: I think I will line my garage with those ! And my car ! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
That is a really good idea! Thanks fullcourt. ;) If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
69 Posts
fullcourt said:
I bought sheet foam and glued it to the garage door. I glued foam pipe wrap on "fins" that each door panel has. I used Gorilla Glue - and used duct tape to hold it until the glue set. Actually, I am leaving the duct tape on until it gives way. It isn't elegant, but it works. It also insulates the garage (a little).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts