GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

What is the One thing that really irks you about your Terrain?

• No Dual-Zone A/C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Power Up Windows

• No Power Passanger Seat

• No Denali Package

• I'll post my qualm in the replys

• MPG

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
my 2cents....

* 5x120 bolt pattern and TPMS sensors
Aftermarket wheel selection is pretty slim
Having to deal with TPMS is stupid and more of a nuisance than it is helpful.

* Despite the aggresive stance on the Terrain, it's a small SUV
I parked beside a Nissan Rogue - and the Rogue was bigger

* Non-Tinted front windows
I understand its for legal and safety issues - but that's just dumb

* The "Universal" User's manual
It urks me how the manual mentions "some vehicles may be equipped". I get all excited, only to find My SLE2 doesnt have it.
Perhaps GMC would consider including a manual specific to the trim and options model as they roll off the assembly line

·
Registered
201 Posts
No REAR A/C would be my biggest issue. All of the other problems on the poll I would consider minor/mildy annoying. Although no power up windows just seems dumb since they are power down.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Default User said:
* Despite the aggresive stance on the Terrain, it's a small SUV
I parked beside a Nissan Rogue - and the Rogue was bigger
Better take another look, because according to CarsDirect.com, the Terrain is 1"-2" bigger in every exterior dimension.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My brother owns a Rogue and it is not bigger than the Terrain. It is not much smaller either but it is smaller.

·
Registered
935 Posts
darkside said:
My brother owns a Rogue and it is not bigger than the Terrain. It is not much smaller either but it is smaller.
probably just looked smaller to me the way we were parked then. (either that or the owner had a lifted Rogue LOL)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Just look at the Nox compared to the Terrain. It looks like it is smaller than the Terrain when they are not side by side. The squared off look of the GMC gives a impression of a larger vehicle which is what GMC wanted to do.

Note too the H2 Hummer looked like a very large vehicle over the Tahoe but both were based on the same frame and really were close in size. The Hummer took advantage of the box styling for a little more Room. Same for the H3 vs the Trailblazer. Hummer always got a bad rap just because they looked bigger then they really were less the rare H1.

Even my Father Inlaws full size 2010 Chevy truck look gigantic but it still only is a 6 foot bed. Big and boxy can be misleading.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
hyperv6 said:
Just look at the Nox compared to the Terrain. It looks like it is smaller than the Terrain when they are not side by side. The squared off look of the GMC gives a impression of a larger vehicle which is what GMC wanted to do.

Note too the H2 Hummer looked like a very large vehicle over the Tahoe but both were based on the same frame and really were close in size. The Hummer took advantage of the box styling for a little more Room. Same for the H3 vs the Trailblazer. Hummer always got a bad rap just because they looked bigger then they really were less the rare H1.

Even my Father Inlaws full size 2010 Chevy truck look gigantic but it still only is a 6 foot bed. Big and boxy can be misleading.
Yet - He said that the Rogue (svelte styling) looked bigger than the Terrain (boxy styling).

:banghead:

But I do agree with your thinking 100%. I always thought that the Hummers looked huge.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
RIT333 said:
Yet - He said that the Rogue (svelte styling) looked bigger than the Terrain (boxy styling).

:banghead:

But I do agree with your thinking 100%. I always thought that the Hummers looked huge.
Bad eyes or judge of size. :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have nothing nit picky about our Terrain. I feel I looked at the options....etc. before buying and got what we wanted for the price I was willing to pay. It was easy to over look that there is no direct heating or A/C venting for the 2nd row, I did. I still checked the 100% satisfied as does not effect us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No "true fold rear seats" got my vote. Would be much better for overnight camping if I didn' need to bring a tent. I tried sleeping with the angle, I got so pissed the middle of the night I folded the seats up and slept in the rear seats.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Let's Get Nit-Picky

wrespawn said:
No "true fold rear seats" got my vote. Would be much better for overnight camping if I didn' need to bring a tent. I tried sleeping with the angle, I got so pissed the middle of the night I folded the seats up and slept in the rear seats.
Thats my gripe too. They can make a seat that slides a foot front to back. But cant make it fold flat haha.

Sent from my phone to you. #KCCO

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have only one little thing so far I'm not crazy about on my Equinox. The door panels and actually all the plastic interior pieces are hard as steel. I drive with my knee resting against the door panel and the other one resting against the console and it isn't long till I get sore and have to move them. I like to drive with my elbow on the window sill and rest my hand on the wheel and the shape and hardness of the plastic has caused my elbow to get bruised. My wifes Outback has soft padded interior and it is comfortable to drive long distance. No major complaints, that is all.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
To be honest the seats not folding flat have been a good thing for me.

On larger items it lets me slide the over hang between the front seats and not lay them on the console. We have a Soap Box Derby car that would not fit if they were flat hitting the console as would the legs of our swing stand I brought home.

The angle is just enough to give me clearance.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
hyperv6 said:
To be honest the seats not folding flat have been a good thing for me.
Yes, but you can always use a wedge to prop things up, but your can't "wedge" things down. i, also, wish that they laid flat.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Love my '13 Terrain, but pressing hard to find a fault - I'd say the turning radius. No, it's not necessarily worse than competitors, but have you tried turning a Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee?? My wife's '04 Grand Cherokee has very similar exterior/interior dimensions as the Terrain, but that Jeep can turn on a dime! Wish all manufacturers would significantly improve their turning radius!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
As for MPG, I had a 2005 Vue V6 AWD and my 2013 Nox V6 seems to get better MPG (probably because of AWD)
Our 13 Nox is an LTZ and has power drive and passenger seats.
Wife would have liked to have dual zone AC.

Will dearly miss the fold flat front passanger seat the Vue had. Could carry 8' lumber inside the car so easily.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Needs the option to have a nice illuminated ashtray, and yes you non smokers can hiss all you want. That big cubby in the front middle is ripe for future mods from a HAM radio installation to a docking station, an inverter or other gismos.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Rit said:
Yes, but you can always use a wedge to prop things up, but your can't "wedge" things down. i, also, wish that they laid flat.
Ok but where do I carry this said wedge when I make the impulse buy like I did with the swing and the stand.

The post went right over the console arm rest and if it had been flat there was no way I would have had anything to prop it up.

The long and short of it is that the non flat has helped me more to haul things I would not been able to haul vs. if it were flat. It was either my luck or just what works for me. Same on the Soap Box Derby car. Note too when I brought home the 60" TV last week the non flat floor was not an issue.

Note also on many fold flat seats they take away from the comfort. Many end up like park benches to make them fold flat. My HHR is not great and the GTP was a torture chamber.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The freaking doors won't stay open so I can take stuff out of the passenger side seat. Bruised right collar bone really good more than a couple times. Dealer fix was lubing door, insane.....

Whats with the radio dialing down all the time? On the Vue I never ever ever touch the volume knob.

·
Registered
682 Posts
blufloyd said:
The freaking doors won't stay open so I can take stuff out of the passenger side seat. Bruised right collar bone really good more than a couple times. Dealer fix was lubing door, insane.....

Whats with the radio dialing down all the time? On the Vue I never ever ever touch the volume knob.
Sounds like it is set to turn down the volume on start up.
Go into the menu and change the setting to your preferred volume.
It explains this in your manual.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts