GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

What is the One thing that really irks you about your Terrain?

• No Dual-Zone A/C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Power Up Windows

• No Power Passanger Seat

• No Denali Package

• I'll post my qualm in the replys

• MPG

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Terrain! I love the size, the feel, the ride, the interior, exterior... I could go on for days. Most will agree that no Middle Class car/truck is perfect, but this one comes **** close. I can't see going back to a mid-size SUV or ever moving up to a full-size (I live in Chicago and I never plan on owning a car as long as I can only afford 1 vehicle) and would love to come back to the Terrain after I'm done with this one but a few things could be changed for the better and I think you'd agree on a few of the same... lets say, 'flaws'

FYI As of this post I have had my Terrain for less than a week; I haven't even pumped gas in it yet (still on the first tank from the dealer)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I would like that the rear window can be opened on the liftgate. My Saturn VUE did not have it either. None of the other items concern me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I guess what I dislike the most is how much you have to baby it to get good MPG. Use to beat my HHR to death and always got better MPG. I guess it is a bit heavier but actually the size (except for the height) is withing an in. or 2 of being the same as my HHR was. Almost forgot the lack of true fold flat seats (including front passenger) is what I miss most. I did a lot of hauling in my HHR, with a 4X8 trailer we moved from our old house to our new one with it. I can't see that happening now.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Im with you Mochaman..

I had a 06 HHR...with the 2.4L high output engine..Still got better MPG than the Terrains I4.

and I agree with the true fold down seats..I carry parts and tools in my Terrain...The layout of the HHR rear area actually gave me a little bit more room..

·
Registered
483 Posts
wrusprod said:
Im with you Mochaman..

I had a 06 HHR...with the 2.4L high output engine..Still got better MPG than the Terrains I4.

and I agree with the true fold down seats..I carry parts and tools in my Terrain...The layout of the HHR rear area actually gave me a little bit more room..
Well the Equinox weighs approximately 650 lbs more than the HHR. That makes a big difference in MPG.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
shouldnt make a 5-7 MPG difference

·
Registered
949 Posts
Besides the engine I have in mine? (Which, in turn, affects the mpg, reliability, etc.)

Probably the fold "flat" rear seats. I wish the front passenger seat actually folded flat. At best, it's like a 45 degree angle or something.

More annoying than anything - the doors...something about the weight of them, or the angle of the hinges or something, they close on their own all the time (even with no wind, and not on an incline), and if I'm not paying attention my leg gets smashed.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My 'Peeve' or disappointment is the "M" range on the transmission. Regardless of your speed, pulling the shift lever into "M" and you get 1st gear.

It would certainly be better IF it would shift into what ever gear the transmission is already in. You could then go from there.

Don't ask how I know this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sumr616 said:
Besides the engine I have in mine? (Which, in turn, affects the mpg, reliability, etc.)

Probably the fold "flat" rear seats. I wish the front passenger seat actually folded flat. At best, it's like a 45 degree angle or something.

More annoying than anything - the doors...something about the weight of them, or the angle of the hinges or something, they close on their own all the time (even with no wind, and not on an incline), and if I'm not paying attention my leg gets smashed.
Sumr....I agree on the doors on my nox they just shut by themselves instead of catching at the two different point catches. I've had my legs smashed a number of times. I asked the service director at my dealer and he told me they can't be adjusted, which I find very odd that you can't adjust them. So, I guess that's one we have to live with.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
dwendt44 said:
My 'Peeve' or disappointment is the "M" range on the transmission. Regardless of your speed, pulling the shift lever into "M" and you get 1st gear.

It would certainly be better IF it would shift into what ever gear the transmission is already in. You could then go from there.

You may want to go back to the dealer's service department and have yours looked at. If you are driving 65, and shift it into M, then it definitely should not shift into 1st gear, because if it did, it would over-rev the engine. Mine does NOT always shift into 1st - sometimes it shifts lower that I would like, but def. not into 1st.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It amazed me that I couldn't get a power seat on the passenger side. If i remember right my last Impala had the drivers side standard and I think I added the passenger side for about $400.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don B said:
It amazed me that I couldn't get a power seat on the passenger side. If i remember right my last Impala had the drivers side standard and I think I added the passenger side for about $400.
This seems to be biggest 'complaint' and I think it's because it's so random and weird to not even option a passenger power seat. I hate when showing off my car and all of its cool gadgets and having to say, "oh, your seat doesn't have power."

·
Registered
34 Posts
4 cylinder LTZ AWD averaging about 20 mpg sucks. I had a few S-10 trucks, from 1985 to 1998, three 4 cylinder stick shift and one small 6 cylinder stick, all got around 28 mpg.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I stumbled on this section and figured I'd resurrect this old thread. One thing I've noticed is that the rear door handle trim is not silver, nor are the armrest's/ door panels leather like the front. It looks a little cheap to me to go that rout, but the only reason I can come up w/ is because most owners probably have kids and they'd tear up the rear trim. No big deal though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I chose "no power passenger seat", but while I can live without dual zone climate control, the lack of even a single a/c vent (up high) for the backseat passengers is my biggest gripe.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
wrusprod said:
Im with you Mochaman..

You still have to consider that you are between 900-1000 pounds heavier than a HHR. I know I own both too.

You can't over come the general physics of mass.

·
Registered
432 Posts
dwendt44 said:

^^ This 100% agree. I drop to M all the time in the Monte if im slowing down in Traffic (don't ask why just a habit) That 4 to 1 drop in the Terrain was a shock the first and ONLY time i have done it. I remember looking behind me seeing if i left any parts on the freeway off ramp.

My other 2 are the "fold flat" rear seats. Not even close. (voted for this)
And the I4 is very noisy. Been in to the dealership a couple times getting recalibration done, and it still annoys me how loud it is. I have heard quieter TDI diesels than my I4. Yet its normal according to multiple dealerships.

One of the reasons i will be trading this one off in the spring for something esle.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I chose the "no fold flat rear seats" but it also bugs me that the auto-tilt feature for the side view mirrors when reversing is only available with the memory seats. I think it should be a standard feature.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts