GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am having issues with my girlfriends 07 Equinox. The left rear running light does not come on, but the bulb is new and all my fuses are good. The front left side marker also does not come on, along with the small white light at the bottom of the headlight assembly(not sure the name). I've tested them with a MM and they are not getting power. Any advice, tips, suggestions would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Without a wiring diagram it's hard to pin this down, I can give you some ideas to go on.

I'm thinking it's a fuse, many times they look good when you actually have a problem.
Check with an ohm meter or put in a new one, check for a good connection.

The 2007 owners manual shows which fuses go to which circuits, a link to it is below.
Page 430 to page 433, it looks like they split the exterior lights between the underdash and underhood fuse block.

Pay particular attention to BCM fuses like fuse #20 in the underdash fuse block.
Other than that you'll have to do it the hard way, start with a light socket with no power and work your way back until you find power.
Good luck.

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/chevrolet/2007-equinox.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just fixed it somehow. I was testing the right side light sockets and accidentally shorted it out. Went to check the fuse and it was blown as was the left. Replaced the fuses and they came back on. Really confusing seeing as I had already replaced both fuses. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
chilopilo said:
Just fixed it somehow. I was testing the right side light sockets and accidentally shorted it out. Went to check the fuse and it was blown as was the left. Replaced the fuses and they came back on. Really confusing seeing as I had already replaced both fuses. Thanks!
Good that you are making progress.
If you short out another fuse make sure your grounds are clean and tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts