GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, good night.

My first post here in the group. My name's Bruno and I from Brazil. Now ai'm live here in Toronto/Canada.

I bought a GMC Terrain SLT 2.0 2019 Black Edition today.

But I have a doubt. Previously, I hadn't noticed when testing the car.

The left mirror has a completely different image than the right one. As if he had a "zoom". That is, vehicles appear to be closer on the left side rather than the right side. Is this normal?

I took a picture of the left mirror because it has a detail that doesn't have on the right mirror. I would like to know if it is original or if it has already been exchanged.

And one can know this?

Thank you so much.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Bruno- Firstly welcome to the forum! Lots of very knowledgeable people here who can help you with whatever you need. And congrats on your new Terrain! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Your mirrors are just as they should be. The right one is convex so it gives you more view of that side and minimizes the blind spot. It should actually have print on it saying something like "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear".
The one on the left is just a standard mirror which is why things look closer. The lines are for the defrost function of the mirrors I believe.

Reactions: Bruno Apocalypse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bruno- Firstly welcome to the forum! Lots of very knowledgeable people here who can help you with whatever you need. And congrats on your new Terrain! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Your mirrors are just as they should be. The right one is convex so it gives you more view of that side and minimizes the blind spot. It should actually have print on it saying something like "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear".
The one on the left is just a standard mirror which is why things look closer. The lines are for the defrost function of the mirrors I believe.
Hi John, thank you. It's just a matter of getting used to it then.

Today I will read the manual and discover a lot of new things. Bellow I posted a picture from my new "toy".

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks great! Best of luck with your new ride!(y)

Reactions: Bruno Apocalypse

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great to see a nice Terrain with the now rare 2.0 Turbo, it is also good that the Old Mill had some for sale, I hope it did not cost you too much, I think this is the dealerhip on Bloor near the Old Mill subway station. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to see a nice Terrain with the now rare 2.0 Turbo, it is also good that the Old Mill had some for sale, I hope it did not cost you too much, I think this is the dealerhip on Bloor near the Old Mill subway station. Good luck
Thank you! I payed (financing) $27,250. I belive it's a good price for this model. I hope so. :)

Old Mill Cadillac
2595 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M6N 4Z5
(St Clair Ave W and Jane St)

Lorran Ludgero is the seller. Amazing guy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those lines on the driver side mirror is actually an auto dimming feature that is on the driver side mirror. Works the same way as a auto dimming rear mirror.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well done Bruno, that is a good price for the vehicle, I have the same but an 18 model not blacked out, so it makes me think that I would only get about 20K for it if we traded it in. If you live in the GTA you might want to consider putting steel rims and snows on for the winter. The stock tires are terrible in the snow and although Toronto does not get alot of snow it sure does get alot of salt and brine, so those nice rims will be exposed. You can put 17 inch steels on the vehicle with snows. I use BFG KO2 Allterrains as the winter set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well done Bruno, that is a good price for the vehicle, I have the same but an 18 model not blacked out, so it makes me think that I would only get about 20K for it if we traded it in. If you live in the GTA you might want to consider putting steel rims and snows on for the winter. The stock tires are terrible in the snow and although Toronto does not get alot of snow it sure does get alot of salt and brine, so those nice rims will be exposed. You can put 17 inch steels on the vehicle with snows. I use BFG KO2 Allterrains as the winter set up.
Thank you!!! Good to know. I live here in Toronto and I will consider this option. If my money is enough. Kkkkk...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts