GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to install LED replacements on my Terrain for the dome light and the front and rear map lights (2 map in front and 2 in rear for passengers). i also want to replace the license plate lights which are 2825 as well.

They're all 2825 bulbs, but there's so many choices online, i don't know where to go for a good, decent price bulb.

Has anyone done this with a website? Ebay perhaps?

·
Registered
715 Posts
You could try here:

http://autolumination.com/

The bulb you mentioned, 2825 are similar to the 194 common bulb. It's listed under that sub heading.

These LEDs seem to be directional, so chose carefully.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some cheap ones on ebay to test them...to see how much I actually like a brighter white in my car versus a dull white.

Does anyone know the light bulbs replacements for below the front driver and passenger seats? I got the 2825 map lights but don't know what the replacement light numbers are for the small lights below the steering wheel and the passenger side as well.

Any help would be appreciated. I checked the Terrain manual but didn't see anything about it

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the light bulb has 12v8w written on it horizontally with a "U04" written vertically if anyone knows which light that is

·
Registered
139 Posts
dwendt44 said:
You could try here:

http://autolumination.com/

The bulb you mentioned, 2825 are similar to the 194 common bulb. It's listed under that sub heading.

These LEDs seem to be directional, so chose carefully.
I bought LEDs from autolumination and I wasn't pleased with them. For some reason they wouldn't allow me to lock my vehicle until the lights dimmed off.....I have no idea why it did that but it only did it when I had them installed....once I removed them it worked fine. Also I had them installed in the license plate and they strobed liike crazy. I loved the light they put off but wasn't happen with what it did to the car. Some people on the forum has bought them from other websites and seem to have no problem.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
I already replaced all my interior lights with LEDs and installed 20 inch LED strips under the dash and rear seats to light up all the carpet. Turned out very well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sapper82 said:
I already replaced all my interior lights with LEDs and installed 20 inch LED strips under the dash and rear seats to light up all the carpet. Turned out very well.
I didn't put the strips in, but I replaced every other light inside the car with LEDs and for being so **** cheap, I'm really happy with them.

The only one's I haven't replaced are the one's in the driver and passenger vanity mirrors (the ones that light up when you open up the mirror) and the center console...the center console I had a hard time opening because I couldn't find out where to pop it open from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts