GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm trying these. . with a 25% coupon pretty good price and there is a review on Youtube from a guy I know. and . . no .. . not connected with the vendor of these .

How did these work out?

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
How did these work out?
They are very good. . worth then money and compare to top end LED H11 bulbs in the $100 to $130 range.
Very good light pattern, seem to be lasting so far and are a good design.

Reactions: 1scls1z28

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are very good. . worth then money and compare to top end LED H11 bulbs in the $100 to $130 range.
Very good light pattern, seem to be lasting so far and are a good design.
I see they are 6k...do they have a lot of blue tint? I normally prefer 5 or 5.5k but color temp rating seems to vary across manufacturers.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I see they are 6k...do they have a lot of blue tint? I normally prefer 5 or 5.5k but color temp rating seems to vary across manufacturers.
They just look white light to me. The Youtube reviewer said he thinks they are more like 5500k.

Reactions: 1scls1z28

·
Registered
2 Posts
My friend was having issues with his dust cover not fitting after he installed LEDS.

I designed a 3d printed replica but longer to give better clearance for the LED heatsink.

I made them with high heat resistant material that I use for another part that I make for Tacoma's.

They fit perfectly as a replacement to the original dust cover. Simply swap over the rubber gasket and install as original part was intended.

would anyone be interested in testing these out and giving a review and feedback?
Is there a demand for something like this?
Any other parts that could be made to solve a problem?

to be clear I am not selling as I have not applied for vendor status as of yet.
I do not wish to violate the forum rules.

feel free to pm me or shoot me an email
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
My friend was having issues with his dust cover not fitting after he installed LEDS.

I designed a 3d printed replica but longer to give better clearance for the LED heatsink.

I made them with high heat resistant material that I use for another part that I make for Tacoma's.

They fit perfectly as a replacement to the original dust cover. Simply swap over the rubber gasket and install as original part was intended.

[email protected]
Hi . . I replied to your other thread as well.
I posted a link to the Coloradofan forum where another innovator had the same idea.
May need to test them over time for any issues that may arise. The one in that instance had moisture issues that fogged the headlights after time. Either a seal or issue with the material that was porous enough.
Apparently the material would draw in air and humidity when the under hood temperature would cool and then condense inside. Those who bought them had the issue only after having them installed for a period of time. It may also have been a sealing issue with the factory gasket that seemed to fit tightly, but did not, but attempts were made to assure that and fogging still occurred.

LINK: - LINK: - 2015-18 Chevy Colorado 3D Printed Dust Caps

61 - 67 of 67 Posts