GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Xenon Depot Extreme Pro kit is amazing! Fits behind stock covers and you do not even need to modify anything. Light output is great and the best part is you are not blinding on coming traffic. I have not been flashed once in the 2 weeks I have had them installed compared to the HID kit I had in my previous Terrain, I was flashed almost nightly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
The Xenon Depot Extreme Pro kit is amazing! Fits behind stock covers and you do not even need to modify anything. Light output is great and the best part is you are not blinding on coming traffic. I have not been flashed once in the 2 weeks I have had them installed compared to the HID kit I had in my previous Terrain, I was flashed almost nightly.

Thanks for the input. . . Please keep us posted on how they hold up. Especially once we hit the hot summer months and if you have the chance to run them all day for a few long trips where heat builds up.

I measures mine, and they will run between 125F to 144F on hot summer days when on for 2 or 3 hours as DRLs.

If my cheapy JDM Astar and Sealight H11 bite the bullet I may opt for those. So far, I've only invested about $75 or so for two sets of LED H11 for two of our 3 vehicles.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Where do the power supplies go/fit for the Xenon Depot Extreme Pro? Thanks.

Read post number 40 above. He just stated it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read post #40 and it is not obvious where the control box goes. Inside the cover or slide inside the headlamp?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, I realize now he was talking about the XD bulbs. Should have been reading more carefully. My question is where do you put the control box (black box on the wiring harness) when using the SEALITE X2 bulbs.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sorry, I realize now he was talking about the XD bulbs. Should have been reading more carefully. My question is where do you put the control box (black box on the wiring harness) when using the SEALITE X2 bulbs.

It all has to go under the dust cover for any LED bulb in order tp keep dust, dirt, moisture and insects from crawling into th lens area. Yes. . .. that is the reason for a dust cover extension. Start reading at the first post in this thread

Reactions: bigb12359

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes. . . GMC uses a different dust cover. Apologies, the one in this thread is for the Chevy Equinox. Not sure how the extension modification using the PVC cap would work on the 2348691.
However, there are also other rubber dust cover extensions you can find on Amazon and Ebay. You would have to measure the size (diameter) and see if one of those could be tightly slipped onto the housing instead of the stock dust cover.
Here is a link to some - - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=headlight+dust+cover&rh=n:15684181,k:headlight+dust+cover
So I finally did this today. I have the 2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 and I added LED low beams today.

I put the Auxbeam F16 bulbs, as the Diode Dynamics SL1 that I purchased, wouldn't fit. So I advise purchasing the F16 bulbs for the Terrain. I have the Auxbeam F16 in my 2016 4Runner and both vehicles take the H11 bulbs. Glad I ordered an extra set!

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headlight-headlights-6000lm-Chips/dp/B01KYZU604

I bought the cap cover (whatever you call it) from Menards. Whatever the size that was recommended in this thread. I bought it a few months ago and forgot all about this.

My buddy sliced the top part of the original dust cover. Sliced a small slit for the part of the dust cover that turns (as shown in the picture) He put 2 small screws to tighten the cap and the dust cover and sealed it with silicone. It's not a clean job, but I didn't care. As long as it's sealed and does it's job. The Auxbeam bulbs are brighter than the SL1 bulbs.

So for those with the Terrain and that are thinking about doing this mod, here are some pix to make it easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone. Here is what I did. Just a little different idea. Worked well.
-Used 2-1/2" hole saw to cut plastic cap.
-Purchased the 85mm rubber caps from Amazon as suggested in previous post.
-Inserted rubber caps inside of the plastic caps. The OD of the rubber caps matches the ID of the plastic caps.
-Used black gasket maker on the inside of the plastic cap prior to inserting the rubber caps. Should be a very good seal.
-Slid controller part way underneath the projector. Half of it extends into the extended cap. It all fit well.
-Used the Sealight bulbs with controller. Great product for about $45.
-Huge improvement in light output and ability to actually see when driving. OEM is terrible and probably just barely legal.
-Very happy with results and would do again.
Next job is sway bar links. Clunking up front is getting bad.

Attachments

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Looks good. I used those soft rubber like 85mm covers on our 2017 Sonic. Just needed those. They fit tightly all by itself and provided the needed space.

I think the Sealights are a great buy for the money. Bright and seem decent quality.

Check the dust covers now and then and let us know if the gasket sealer is maintaining it's hold. Heat in summer and drying may cause separation. A lot of adhesives do not bond well to thermoset plastic like the stock dust cover over time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the input. . . Please keep us posted on how they hold up. Especially once we hit the hot summer months and if you have the chance to run them all day for a few long trips where heat builds up.

I measures mine, and they will run between 125F to 144F on hot summer days when on for 2 or 3 hours as DRLs.

If my cheapy JDM Astar and Sealight H11 bite the bullet I may opt for those. So far, I've only invested about $75 or so for two sets of LED H11 for two of our 3 vehicles.
Will do.

I read post #40 and it is not obvious where the control box goes. Inside the cover or slide inside the headlamp?
I was able to slide everything inside the factory housing and put the factory dust cover back on. Or you can drill a hole in the dust cover and mount the ballast out side like a HID kit. The wiring harness includes a rubber grommet that seals the hole if need be.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
We are now into summer and I can report that the Xenon depot Pro led kit has been flawless!
Good to hear! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea I've been running Xenon depot Pro led kit for the past few months now and it's been great. No issues at all. You just need to do the extension cap like you did in your DIY post for the fan blades. I've also been running the H11 Xtreme LED CMB Bulbs | LED Fog Light Bulbs as well and works great as well. Great visibility on the back roads with these bulb setup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you have to purchase the PWM Module? And did you go with the LED PRO in your fogs as well??
No I didn't. 2016-2017 do not have fogs.

Update. 2yrs later and my passenger side has one LED chip starting to flicker. Xenon depot said they will replace under warranty. I might just go ahead and try the Sealight ScoParc S1 just to see how they compare.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
No I didn't. 2016-2017 do not have fogs.

Update. 2yrs later and my passenger side has one LED chip starting to flicker. Xenon depot said they will replace under warranty. I might just go ahead and try the Sealight ScoParc S1 just to see how they compare.
I'm trying these. . with a 25% coupon pretty good price and there is a review on Youtube from a guy I know. and . . no .. . not connected with the vendor of these .

Reactions: 1scls1z28
41 - 60 of 61 Posts