GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I just returned from a 3 hour trip and my right leg was cramping badly where the front seat edge hit it. It was in our HHR, which we are considering supplementing with an Equinox.

Do the leather seats help this problem any? I'm asking here because the seats in the two cars are virtually identical.

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have an LTZ...i think its equal to my 07 escalade

·
Registered
441 Posts
i would say the power seats would help out the most not so much the leather...i know one usually goes with the other...but still, seat material wont matter...the postion does.....was the hhr power?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I find the leather seats in my 2010 Equinox to be on the hard side compared to my C5. They feel uncomfortible at times. You will need the power seat to get the right possition. You may be better off to get the cloth seating. 2011 offers cloth with heaters.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I recently took a 9700 km trip. Averaged 12 to 14 hours of driving per day. I found my leather seats to be extremely comfortable and so did my girlfriend.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have issues with the side support on GM seat bottoms. (mostly due to my own personal medically based issues...) I've found that tilting the bottom forward a bit helps my legs a lot. It feels extremely strange at first, but after a long trip my legs are much happier.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Seat design is a very difficult thing since it's almost impossible to make one that suits everyone. I for one prefer a seat that is flatter and wider even though I'm not heavy and don't have a large butt. I'm 6'-1" and prefer a seat that is higher off the floor which allows my legs to be more bent than straight out.

With that said, even though the premium cloth seats in our 2010 Nox have fairly high side bolsters (which I'm not a fan of), and are quite firm, they are exceptionally comfortable. I don't think leather would really change that, other than the texture. It's the seat design, position and padding that seems to have the most affect.

No one type of seat could possibly be the best for everyone but I think the seats in the new Nox are quite good with any of the available covering materials.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the leather seats in my LTZ... they're so comfortable I wish I had the same seats in front of my TV! I could sit in them for hours. It takes a few minutes to get the right position, but once you hit the sweet spot, they are very comfortable.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You know, the first time I saw side bolsters on a car seat they were adjustable. Movable from in to out. Hmmm..... (hint hint Chevy)

·
Registered
182 Posts
It all comes down to cost and marketing. Chevy/GM knows how to make 16-way adjustable seats, you just don't get them in your standard chevy/GMC. That's the whole reason they want to you looking at a caddy or buick. If you want Recaros, you'll have to buy the CTS-V :)

And hence, premium brands are a license to print money for a car manufacturer, because they're throwing in relatively simple and cheap features for a huge premium. Do you really think a 16-way adjustable seat costs thousands of dollars more to produce for multi-billion dollar companies that orders or produces tens of thousands of them every year? Do you really think it costs thousands of dollars to add a SatNav screen? GM could probably throw both in to something like the Nox/Terrain and it wouldn't cost them much more than a couple hundred bucks. The actual materials cost of producing an automobile is relatively small, somewhere around 20% of the MSRP of the vehicle last time I checked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts