GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a good leather cleaning/conditioning product that will help extend the life of the seats? Our 02 suburban had some pretty bad cracking in the main areas of the front seats from frequent use. I'm not sure what products were used on it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
hi ,

as always , GM has great chemicals for various uses ,

part# 88861413 = cleaner

part# 88861414 = conditioner

and as well : mothers.com :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
bigb12359 said:
hi ,

as always , GM has great chemicals for various uses ,

part# 88861413 = cleaner

part# 88861414 = conditioner

and as well : mothers.com :cheers:
Are there different part numbers for the states and Canada? I plugged the number for the cleaner in Google and all I got was Canadian sites.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I have had good success with Griot's Leather Care Spray. Actually I've had good success with lots of Griots products. :thumb: The seats in the '07 we just traded in were perfect, and the seats in my '08 Silverado have no issues either.

If you want to save a little bit of cash, the Meguiar's Gold Class leather conditioner works well also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Boarder13 said:
does anyone know of a good leather cleaning/conditioning product that will help extend the life of the seats? Our 02 suburban had some pretty bad cracking in the main areas of the front seats from frequent use. I'm not sure what products were used on it though.
I would like to expand the question a bit: Does anyone have knowledge of a conditioner/cleaner that will not plug the tiny perforations like the LX has? Most products are rather thick creams and this may be an issue??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,413 Posts
Barry said:
I would like to expand the question a bit: Does anyone have knowledge of a conditioner/cleaner that will not plug the tiny perforations like the LX has? Most products are rather thick creams and this may be an issue??
I used Meguairs and it didn't plug the holes in my seats. I think it worked very well, but I don't have anything to compare it with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
RIT333 said:
I used Meguairs and it didn't plug the holes in my seats. I think it worked very well, but I don't have anything to compare it with.
Meguiar's is always my go to product line. Did you use the combination cleaner/conditioner? How did you apply it so as not to fill the lil perfs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I apply it to the towel first, and then rub it in to the surface. Never done it on perforated leather (we just bought the new Equinox 5 days ago), but intuitively it seems like that should work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,413 Posts
SullyZX2SR said:
I apply it to the towel first, and then rub it in to the surface. Never done it on perforated leather (we just bought the new Equinox 5 days ago), but intuitively it seems like that should work.
Same method - and I used a microfiber towell. Worked fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Barry said:
Meguiar's is always my go to product line. Did you use the combination cleaner/conditioner? How did you apply it so as not to fill the lil perfs?
Maguiar's Gold Class cleaner/conditioner works well. The key on perforated seats is to apply it to a cotton cloth and work it into the cloth so the surface is not loaded with the cleaner. I have used it for several years on our Enclave which also has perforated seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Chemical Guys has a great leather conditioner which smells like the real thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
TerrainLem said:
...a little late to the party but +1 for CG! I use their entire line up and only theirs...
C. Guys is pretty good. Check out All Brite car care products. Very good products.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top