GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 2017 Terrain and stopped at the store. When I came out and started it the LCD screen is not on. The vehicle drives okay but the radio won't come on. I thought it might reset itself , but hasn't yet. Any ideas?

Mark

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The are a couple of long shots that you can try, first make sure your battery is in good condition.
You can try unplugging the neg battery terminal for about 20 minutes.
And check your fuses and relays, anything else not working?
Have you scanned for trouble codes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no trouble codes. Everything works except the radio, phone and display.

This happened one time about a year ago and the next day it was okay. I will wait and see if it fixes itself. I wondered if this is a regular problem.

Mark

·
Registered
261 Posts
Our 2017 did the same thing, a 1-2 years after purchase but my wife kept ignoring it. The screen would go black and radio , navigation etc no longer worked but ; it would reset itself intermittently. I drove one day and it happened, then she said ya that happens sometimes. Luckily it still under warranty, and the dealer seemed aware of the issue. there was a guy who would come from London Ontario weekly and go to all the Windsor Ontario area dealers and replace the units. Not sure how your warranty is ( we bought the 5 year extended ) but they simply removed and replaced the entire unit I was told. Not sure if it was strictly a Terrain issue, but sounds like I said, a known issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is out of warranty. I asked a dealer the last time it happened and of course they told me there was no issue with this. This morning it is working again. Seems like it resets if you let it set shut off overnight. I hope it doesn't happen often. It costs THOUSANDS to replace that unit. I would have to get rid of the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes my radio will not be responsive to any buttons, stays on & set to a station, Terrain 2012, seems to reset when the car is shut down for a time! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes my radio will not be responsive to any buttons, stays on & set to a station, Terrain 2012, seems to reset when the car is shut down for a time! Any thoughts?
It seems just like a computer, it hoses up once in a while and needs rebooted. I think this has happened to me three times in the last three years and each time it needed shut off overnight to reset.

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
This just happened the other day in our ‘13 Nox, I hit the power button on the radio, and it seemed to power back up and worked fine after, I think it’s done it once or twice since we owned it ( we bought it new) has 89k on it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts