GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally convinced my Sister to get an Equinox. Actually it wasn't that hard, just timing and money and such...

She is a little put off that there are zero incentives at this time for the Equinox. But, received a shock when a local dealer offered to sell her one for at invoice! As good as Chevy sales are doing these days, I'm kind of amazed too. Her choice of version on the Nox she's getting is in route to the dealer right now. Hopefully she'll be in a new one by this weekend or soon after.

Anyone else seeing dealers this good?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I picked mine up just over a month ago and I paid about $300 below invoice (at least based on the pricing you see on the net).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Must be getting a little better, I paid about $1100 under MSRP two months ago for the Terrain and thought I got a great deal at the time. Are there more Nox/Terrains on the lots now?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are there more Nox/Terrains on the lots now?
When I test drove, my dealer had just the one Equinox. When I went to pick up my vehicle last month, there were 5 or 6 on the lot. My salesman told me they were finally starting to get some stock units, so I'd say yes.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. She did get her 'Nox yesterday, and for $300 under invoice.

BUT, there's more to the story... After the deal was done, I sat down and did some quick math and took into consideration all the information my Sister gave me. I think I know how they gave it to her for this cost.

My Sister financed her 'Nox through a credit union loan. The dealership appears to have introduced the credit union discount without disclosing to my Sister. When I had spoke to the dealership yesterday, they had told me that the credit union discount was not applicable due to the lower price they ask for the 'Nox. That appears to have been a lie. My Sister overheard the sales guys reminding each other to "finish the credit union pricing" before she even agreed to finance terms. And she did sign another paper that seemed to be geared toward getting that discount with much different pricing structure on it. So in the end, she actually purchased the vehicle for a about $1000 under sticker, then the dealer applied the credit union discount quietly to get the price under invoice. None of this appears on the final sales papers.

I'm not too upset, as she did get a rather nice deal. But, not happy that this dealership pulled this sneaky maneuver.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS get full disclosure of any discount applied in writing before signing any agreement to purchase.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Your sister should be dancing in the street for getting $1000 off list. That's unheard of here in the Chicago area. We're **** lucky to get them at sticker.....if we can even get one. I thought I was lucky getting $2200 of on the demo terrain the dealer had. Otherwise we would have to wait a month or more just to see if one close to what we wanted would come in. Anyone paying less then sticker should grab it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I took delivery this afternoon of a 2LT nox at $1440 below sticker, ordered on 25 March, with Code 3800 and vin on 5 May, and delivered 14 May. Only one Tulsa dealer would work with us on this price; another offered $500 below sticker, the others gave us straight sticker pricing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picking my Terrain up tomorrow morning. Paid $27,825 pre-tax for a SLT1, Mocha Metallic, Brownstone interior with power liftgate.

Edit: Also took the $750 USAA rebate off so was $27,075 pre-tax. Had a nice hour drive home and enjoyed every minute.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Picked mine up off the dealers lot for 27492...Stick was 30455 (something like that)

Then add 750 USAA rebate and 500 GM Appreciation rebate at the end. So in the end paid 26xxx ttl

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
burnbomber said:
I took delivery this afternoon of a 2LT nox at $1440 below sticker, ordered on 25 March, with Code 3800 and vin on 5 May, and delivered 14 May. Only one Tulsa dealer would work with us on this price; another offered $500 below sticker, the others gave us straight sticker pricing.
Gratz on the new ride Burnbomber. Do you mind disclosing the dealer you used?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not at all. Southpoint Chevy in South Tulsa, at Memorial and 92nd Street.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Burnbomber. Thanks. I've purchased 4 cars/trucks from them (not our 'Nox though) They do pull some tricks at times, but over all I like them the best. Especially like Mike Rener in the service department. Very down to Earth guy on repairs and problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts