GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Lack of Lift kit

23K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  miamitech46 
#1 ·
FYI I replied to a post on ReadyLift's Instagram account when they posted their new Rav4 lift kit asking why no Nox/Terrain kit. I informed them that the there were more of the GM twins sold last year than Rav4's so it would be silly to not offer one. Their response was "nobody has asked for one". So if you would like to have a lift kit for your ride shoot ReadyLift an e-mail. Maybe if they get enough they will develop a kit.

#2 ·
But why? If I wanted to tackle more than a dirt road I would have bought a Jeep, a truck based SUV, or a truck. These CUV's are not meant for trail use. I bought my NOx for it's car like attributes, quiet ride, reasonable interior room and great fuel economy. I previously owned a RAV4 and never understood the guys that added lift kits. It is no more robust a vehicle than the Nox/Terrain and unless they offer a substantial lift they won't give you anywhere near the clearances of a Jeep, truck based SUV or a truck. I say truck based SUV but one exception would be the Grand Cherokee.
To each his/her own I guess but I really think if off-roading is what you want to do then you should start with the right vehicle...

#24 ·
I have been asking this same question since 2018 when I purchased a SLT Terrain and saw the lack of ground clearance. And definitely not trying to make it an offroad Jeep competitor, just have some piece of mind for minor trails/ dirt roads to deer camp.

Just sent Readylift an email. Hopefully we can keep the pressure and they will see the amount of desire for this. Thanks for the post.

Gibbsy15- how is your setup treating you with the springs and tires? Anything new to report after about a year?

#26 ·
How's the body roll on curves? Add anything to stiffen the rear?

#31 ·
Does anyone know if the nox/terrain front strut is the same as a srx ? If someone could post a pic of thier strut from a nox/terrain. If it is the same, it's fairly easy to lift the vehicle 2.5 - 4 inches, taller tires can give another inch of lift. I lifted my 2011 srx4
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

and put some 265 60 all terrains on stock 18" wheel. It resulted in 3.8 inches of lift overall and does not effect ride quality ..... pic of top strut mount on 2011 srx... is this the same mounting as on a nox/terrain. ?
Automotive tire Rim Automotive design Automotive wheel system Auto part