GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI I replied to a post on ReadyLift's Instagram account when they posted their new Rav4 lift kit asking why no Nox/Terrain kit. I informed them that the there were more of the GM twins sold last year than Rav4's so it would be silly to not offer one. Their response was "nobody has asked for one". So if you would like to have a lift kit for your ride shoot ReadyLift an e-mail. Maybe if they get enough they will develop a kit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
But why? If I wanted to tackle more than a dirt road I would have bought a Jeep, a truck based SUV, or a truck. These CUV's are not meant for trail use. I bought my NOx for it's car like attributes, quiet ride, reasonable interior room and great fuel economy. I previously owned a RAV4 and never understood the guys that added lift kits. It is no more robust a vehicle than the Nox/Terrain and unless they offer a substantial lift they won't give you anywhere near the clearances of a Jeep, truck based SUV or a truck. I say truck based SUV but one exception would be the Grand Cherokee.
To each his/her own I guess but I really think if off-roading is what you want to do then you should start with the right vehicle...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Depends on what you are trying to do.

When I lived in Arizona I did a lot of mountain biking. Some trail heads were easy for a Malibu to access, others would be easy, but rolling dips, humps, and tall rocks stopped me. A real off roader wasn't needed, but a but more clearance was.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But why? If I wanted to tackle more than a dirt road I would have bought a Jeep, a truck based SUV, or a truck. These CUV's are not meant for trail use. I bought my NOx for it's car like attributes, quiet ride, reasonable interior room and great fuel economy. I previously owned a RAV4 and never understood the guys that added lift kits. It is no more robust a vehicle than the Nox/Terrain and unless they offer a substantial lift they won't give you anywhere near the clearances of a Jeep, truck based SUV or a truck. I say truck based SUV but one exception would be the Grand Cherokee.
To each his/her own I guess but I really think if off-roading is what you want to do then you should start with the right vehicle...
Then don’t send them an email \🤨/

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on what you are trying to do.

When I lived in Arizona I did a lot of mountain biking. Some trail heads were easy for a Malibu to access, others would be easy, but rolling dips, humps, and tall rocks stopped me. A real off roader wasn't needed, but a but more clearance was.
Exactly. No one is seriously off-roading their crossover. There are lots of places I go though that have dips, or sharp crest, ruts, larger rocks, that I don’t feel comfortable driving through with my Equinox stock but another 2” would change that. I didn’t want an unreliable Jeep, or an ugly Subaru.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lift kit ? Somebody needs to make a decent lowering kit.. That's how I roll.

·
Registered
73 Posts
True. I am also planning to add at least 3-inches of ground clearance on my wife's 2016 Chevrolet Equinox LT. Seems like it's hard to find a suspension lift kit for an Equinox.
When I read "ground clearance" I think under axles, which would require 6" taller tires. That will take some fairly major custom fabrication to fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would be interested in seeing on how it goes, I have a 2019 Denalli and it sits lower in the rear, an inch or two of lift would be just perfect. Any chance of before and after pictures of the rear before adding the front coils.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious how this turned out as well. I don't plan on any offroading or anything, but another inch or two on construction sites would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1000% better, the new springs feel great, the ride is not as harsh and having the bigger sidewall on the tires makes a considerable difference to the ride,
Plus the best part is, the driving position feels higher, which makes it a lot more fun to drive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts