51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found LED tail lights for the Nox?? :help: :help:

·
Registered
715 Posts
No listing for the Nox there.

LED 'bulbs' are widely available.

I'm guessing you are talking about the whole tail light, lens and all. ::)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I just look and they do not have them. Yes, the whole light.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
Autolumination.com is the only place I trust for LED bulbs. I used them to convert everything in my Typhoon and theyre all hella bright! The biggest problem I had with other brands of bulbs was that the turn signal lights and brake lights werent as bright as using a regular filament bulb. Hope this helps you out guys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice link! :thumb: I see that they have the same LED for $10 less also! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
gaugeprower said:
Autolumination.com is the only place I trust for LED bulbs. I used them to convert everything in my Typhoon and theyre all hella bright! The biggest problem I had with other brands of bulbs was that the turn signal lights and brake lights werent as bright as using a regular filament bulb. Hope this helps you out guys.
ok, im brand new just got my '12 nox 2lt last week, which bulb style and wattage do i use for rear tail lights?? i would like led.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Gobbymann said:
ok, im brand new just got my '12 nox 2lt last week, which bulb style and wattage do i use for rear tail lights?? i would like led.
It will probably tell in your owners manual what bulb the rear taillights came with. With that data, there are probably hundreds of different choices of LEDs that you can substitute with. However, I am unsure if the BCM will operate with lower wattage bulbs. Haven't seen much data on people installing LEDs in the Nox. Maybe Steve from KBCarStuff.com can assist you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
RIT333 said:
It will probably tell in your owners manual what bulb the rear taillights came with. With that data, there are probably hundreds of different choices of LEDs that you can substitute with. However, I am unsure if the BCM will operate with lower wattage bulbs. Haven't seen much data on people installing LEDs in the Nox. Maybe Steve from KBCarStuff.com can assist you.
ok, I'll ask him there , thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
IIRC, it's a 3157. Autolumination.com has several bulbs that would work. Get the one with the most LED's in it. The lesser ones aren't as bright.

NOTE: too many LED's and you will need a special 'flasher' for the directionals/ Hazard lights. A certain amount of resistance is required to trip the flasher.

You'll also need to get RED LED's. The 'super white' look kind of purpleish through a red lens.

White through a yellow lens looks greenish; get yellow in that case.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Gobbymann said:
ok, I'll ask him there , thanks
Can you pls post some pictures when you have them installed. I would like to do it also.

THX

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hit up google and search Sylvania Bulb Guide they have a listing of every bulb on every vehicle. As for the leds, tgey will do one of two things... They will either just work fine, or they will cause the signals to flash faster and look stupid... To correct this issue, every bulb will need a load resistor attached to it so it will fool the system into thinking that a regular filament bulb is in its place. This usually isnt necessary for vehicles who have electronic flashers as opposed to the old school mechanical type. Youll just have to take a gamble there... Ive already installed led 194 bulbs in the place of tge ambers that go up abive the headlights without any issues and the color is awesome looking... Little by little i plan to replace every bulb on the vehicle to led... Its safer, more efficient, and gives a very luxurious look to our reasonably priced daily drivers. A note though, ive learned through experience with my TyphOon that it may be the best idea to get the bightest bulbs you can to ensure that they can be seen properly in daylight conditions... However those lenses were very different... But id reccomend that you get the smt towers with the most leds, or maybe those crazy looking towers with the oval shaped leds on then but those are very expensive. Post photos if you get to this before i do. My priority is to actually retrofit a true prjector hid headlight system (off the SRX) so it may take a while before i can get to installing leds... Good luck all

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apologies for the double post but please excuse any mis spellings or bad grammar, as im replying on my phone...

·
Registered
99 Posts
you have any pics of your LED's 194 replacements?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bowtieman21 said:
you have any pics of your LED's 194 replacements?
194 leds are also referred to as T10 bulbs.

I have the 4x 3528 t10 smds in my car and it's plenty bright. They tend to be about 5000-6000k in color temp. Best part is that they can be picked up at 10 for less than $5.00 on ebay. I picked up a bag of them and a set of rear LED tails for the Terrain as well. Will give a review when they come in...

·
Registered
20 Posts
v-leds.com is a good source. Good quality lights, a little pricey, but they have 20% off coupons frequently. I am running their bulbs in our terrain, jetta, and suburban. no issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts