GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in canada i have a 2011 lt with the small engine and eco always on and driven like a baby.I have 2000 km on it and only get 500 km per tank with some hiway driving but mostly city.That is about 22mpg or 12.3 / 100 km avarage.Says on my window sticker 31 mpg in town and 46 mpg on hiway.I do realize i probly will not get this but i thought i would get sometthing close.Is there something wrong or do i need more miles on the vehical to break it in (if so how many).On average how many km does the avarage user get to a tank?Very unipressed with the fuel econemy so far.Coments would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,392 Posts
joe 38 said:
I live in canada i have a 2011 lt with the small engine and eco always on and driven like a baby.I have 2000 km on it and only get 500 km per tank with some hiway driving but mostly city.That is about 22mpg or 12.3 / 100 km avarage.Says on my window sticker 31 mpg in town and 46 mpg on hiway.I do realize i probly will not get this but i thought i would get sometthing close.Is there something wrong or do i need more miles on the vehical to break it in (if so how many).On average how many km does the avarage user get to a tank?Very unipressed with the fuel econemy so far.Coments would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
The 46 MPG Highway is per Imperial Gallon. When you do you calcualtions, do you use this ? If so, then your 22 mpg is VERY bad. You should see if you have a fuel pump problem, Do a search to find out more about this. And, smell you oil dipstick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
I have the V6 AWD and i am doing approx. 500km per tank in winter with winter tires... I am making a little better on summer. But i drive a little aggressively...

So yes, if you do 500km per tank with the 4 cylinders engine you probably have a problem... even if you are in the break-in perriod...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
my v6 gives about 450-500 depending on how cold, I know summer is in the 600+ and one time was like 700+ ;D
Sometimes the 4 banger are not as efficient as people think.. my old CRV was about the same as my Terrain!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
I've got the V6 and I'm coming up on my 7th fill-up. So far I haven't been able to crack 22 mpg. It's consistently doing right around 425 miles per tank (that's 684 in km).

Not very good, in my opinion.

And given what the vehicle's capabilities are, there's no reason why it needs to be as heavy as it is. It's just ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I got a 2011 in Dec. It was a very cold winter here. I was not impressed with my km per tank either. Was getting about 450 per tank but taht was idling a lot to warm up plus not broken in plus winter tires on. Now that it has 5000km and winter tires off and its warmer, I am getting 550 km per tank. Once it gets to summer and I have done my first oil change and go to synthetic adn further breaking in engine, im confident it will get to 600 km per tank. When I go hwy and watch my DIC on instant mpg I am getting about 26mpg in the readout. Add 20% for imperial gallon and thats about 31-32 mpg at 70mph. Have patience. It will be better. Dont forget that all the additives in winter gas make it worse mileage too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,392 Posts
In my opinion, quoting Distance (Miles or Meters) per "tank" is a useless way to quote your car's efficiency - unless you are truly filling the tank up all the way, and then driving it til the tank is bone-dry (which I doubt you are). I think people should either report distance per fuel used (Miles per Gallon or KM per Litre) or Fuel Used per Distance (Litres per 100 KM) and then we can make sense out of your reported efficiencies.

OK - I'll get off my soap-box, but this is just a pet peeve of mine !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
kaptain said:
I am getting 550 km per tank. When I go hwy and watch my DIC on instant mpg I am getting about 26mpg in the readout. Add 20% for imperial gallon and thats about 31-32 mpg at 70mph.
ok...I'm confused ??? Isn't adding 20% for the imperial gallon like trying to have your cake and eat it too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
RIT333 said:
In my opinion, quoting Distance (Miles or Meters) per "tank" is a useless way to quote your car's efficiency - unless you are truly filling the tank up all the way, and then driving it til the tank is bone-dry (which I doubt you are). I think people should either report distance per fuel used (Miles per Gallon or KM per Litre) or Fuel Used per Distance (Litres per 100 KM) and then we can make sense out of your reported efficiencies.
Don't lose any sleep over the 'tank' quote. It's not IN PLACE OF the mpg number, it's in ADDITION TO it. The tank number is for the long-distance drivers among us. People who are used to 500 miles per tank should know that the (V6) Equinox will not get anywhere near that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,392 Posts
Colt Hero said:
Don't lose any sleep over the 'tank' quote. It's not IN PLACE OF the mpg number, it's in ADDITION TO it. The tank number is for the long-distance drivers among us. People who are used to 500 miles per tank should know that the (V6) Equinox will not get anywhere near that.
OK, I'm on board !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
i've gone through one full tank up to date and i got 520km's on it and the low fuel light had pretty much just come on when i got to the gas station. Computer showed 13L/100km, now on my second tank it's showing 12L/100km and i'm only 1/2 way through it, although i don't plan on really paying attention to it until its properly broken in and winter blend fuel is done with for the season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
alexleblanc said:
i've gone through one full tank up to date and i got 520km's on it and the low fuel light had pretty much just come on when i got to the gas station. Computer showed 13L/100km, now on my second tank it's showing 12L/100km and i'm only 1/2 way through it, although i don't plan on really paying attention to it until its properly broken in and winter blend fuel is done with for the season.
520 km is only 323 miles. If your gas light had just come on when you pulled into the station, you used about 18 gallons. That works out to only about 18 mpg, but at least it looks like you're trending in the right direction with the 2nd tank. You're probably headed for 20-21 mpg because I'm stuck on 22 mpg with my V6 and I don't have AWD.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top