GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2013,Terrain, 2.4 motor, AWD, SLE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Since all electronic protection is now obsolete (imobiliazer,keyless,remote,toothless key etc), all those are demonstrated to bypass in seconds. Need to install "kill switch" , but not on battery for obvious reasons. Ford sports car have had fuel cut off reset switch in trunk. Where is it in GMC Terrain, 2013? Or better question, where is some wire to be cut and added "kill switch" to cut fuel delivery?
I would like to place the switch in xxxxxxx (I am not telling). Neighbor will do it for me, he just does not know where to find wire on GMC.

Or, maybe it may not be needed as car is 10 years old and not in theft priority list?

· Registered
3,122 Posts
Where is it in GMC Terrain, 2013? Or better question, where is some wire to be cut and added "kill switch" to cut fuel delivery?
I would like to place the switch in xxxxxxx (I am not telling). Neighbor will do it for me, he just does not know where to find wire on GMC.

Or, maybe it may not be needed as car is 10 years old and not in theft priority list?
The days of cutting the wire to the fuel pump and running it to a switch under the dash is over.
I actually did this to my 1990 GMC Jimmy with a 350 and Throttle Body Injection.
I could do it because it had a single fuel pump in the tank, with a single wire going to it.

You now have two pumps with Direct Injection.
One low pressure, 12 volt, pump in the tank that just helps the high pressure pump.
The high pressure pump is mounted on the engine, and is driven by one of the camshafts.

Even going another route would be more difficult.
Trying to cut power to the injectors, or coils, would be difficult because the ECM does most of the electronics of the engine.

· Registered
3,122 Posts
Or you could use the small diameter wire going to the starter solenoid.
It's purple in my 2014 with the V-6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts