GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2018 Terrain Denali I got a message yesterday to change the key fob battery. Easy to do but can anyone tell me if anything needs to be reprogrammed then or is it just a simple battery change?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I did my Equinox about a month ago.
Removed the old one and put in the new one, it works fine.
What does your Owners Manual say for the 2018?

Reactions: ron6468

·
Registered
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
8 Posts
On my 2018 Terrain Denali I got a message yesterday to change the key fob battery. Easy to do but can anyone tell me if anything needs to be reprogrammed then or is it just a simple battery change?
As in prior years, no reprogramming is necessary after key fob battery replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did my Equinox about a month ago.
Removed the old one and put in the new one, it works fine.
What does your Owners Manual say for the 2018?
Yesterday was cold and raining and I was hoping not to have to go out to get it :sneaky:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is your terrain still under factory warranty? If so, wouldn't that be covered?

I'm about to be in Toronto for a couple of months. I've got a 2018 Terrain SLT awd, 30k miles, still under warranty. What dealership do you like in the area? I'm about to replace my all season tires. Any that you'd recommend that do well in the snow?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is your terrain still under factory warranty? If so, wouldn't that be covered?

I'm about to be in Toronto for a couple of months. I've got a 2018 Terrain SLT awd, 30k miles, still under warranty. What dealership do you like in the area? I'm about to replace my all season tires. Any that you'd recommend that do well in the snow?
I've been taking it to Applewood Chev Cadillac in Mississauga where we bought it. They are a classy and honest organization and so far we've not been disappointed. They also currently have a special on specially purchased alloy wheel and Michelin Ice-X tires at a pretty good price.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I bought a second set of wheels and bridgestone blizzak snow tires for our Denali... The blizzaks are always one of the top rated winter tires on tirerack.com and they were outstanding last winter

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been taking it to Applewood Chev Cadillac in Mississauga where we bought it. They are a classy and honest organization and so far we've not been disappointed. They also currently have a special on specially purchased alloy wheel and Michelin Ice-X tires at a pretty good price.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm only going to be there for 2 to 3 months. I'll be in the heart of downtown and my terrain will spend most of the time in the parking garage. The rest of the winter will be spent in Florida. I can't see buying a dedicated snow tire for that amount of time. But, I'm down to 4/32 on my Michelin Premier LTX. I'm due for a new set of all seasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts