GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am having a similar problem today, using an iPad Air with the Safari browser (all updates). I have stayed-away from this site for a while, due to the NUMEROUS log-in and performance issues with the site.

When I go to the home page and log-in, I get the welcome log-in message, then I am promptly logged-out.

I was able to select the forms, this forum, then log-in to post this message.

Why are these problems continuing? When will they be fixed? Thank you.

The only way I have found to remedy the problems is to make sure you check the :Remember Me: box before logging in.

·
Administrator
255 Posts
I am having a similar problem today, using an iPad Air with the Safari browser (all updates). I have stayed-away from this site for a while, due to the NUMEROUS log-in and performance issues with the site.

When I go to the home page and log-in, I get the welcome log-in message, then I am promptly logged-out.

I was able to select the forms, this forum, then log-in to post this message.

Why are these problems continuing? When will they be fixed? Thank you.
can you get me the link to that welcome message?
it could be that the page for that isn't being recognized by cloudflare.

Lee

·
Registered
749 Posts

Lee

I couldn’t get the link, but here is a screen shot prior to the log-in taking me to the next page.

Also, a few minutes ago, while logged-in, I attempted to post a reply to a post. After clicking on “quote”, in the reply section, I typed my reply and clicked on “submit reply”. The forum promptly logged me out, and showed a section for me to log-in (to post the reply). I closed the browser and did not proceed.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Lee

Admin2 . . . would it not be a good idea to register with a generic user ID here yourself and then use that when these types of issues arise? Then you could log in (using someones laptop) on some other WiFi LAN (not your system Wifi) using a non Admin ID , not check the "Remember Me" box and see the symptoms that are happening?
Use that user ID anytime member issues arise like this and see how it manifests itself.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Administrator
255 Posts
I couldn’t get the link, but here is a screen shot prior to the log-in taking me to the next page.

Also, a few minutes ago, while logged-in, I attempted to post a reply to a post. After clicking on “quote”, in the reply section, I typed my reply and clicked on “submit reply”. The forum promptly logged me out, and showed a section for me to log-in (to post the reply). I closed the browser and did not proceed.
For starters, can you clear your cache and cookies and click the "Remember Me" box when you log in?
Test it a bit and let us know if it's still happening.

Admin2 . . . would it not be a good idea to register with a generic user ID here yourself and then use that when these types of issues arise? Then you could log in (using someones laptop) on some other WiFi LAN (not your system Wifi) using a non Admin ID , not check the "Remember Me" box and see the symptoms that are happening?
Use that user ID anytime member issues arise like this and see how it manifests itself.
We can replicate with this account as well.
The only difference would be the user group.

Ed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reviving this thread because I'm having these issues lately.

First, when I try to log in, I sometimes have to click the "log in" button 5-6 times before it actually works. And, after the third try, it tells me my password is incorrect. If I try again a few times, it eventually lets me in.

Then, I'm always getting logged out anytime I interact with anything in this forum, including looking at a photo, creating a post or even scrolling through pages.

I've tried clearing my cache (Chrome) and using Firefox ... same issues. I also clicked the "remember me" button, but it hasn't helped.

Is anyone else still having these issues? Has anyone found a fix that actually works?

(It happened while trying to post this response).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, but I disabled them for this site. I also have tried incognito mode, but still have problems either way.

I also use this site at work, where I have no plug-ins and still have the problem.

It took me 9 tries to log in to post this reply, and had to wait 15 minutes because it said I tried too many times (the password is saved in Chrome, btw, so I know it's correct).

I eventually get in. It just takes persistence. lol

·
Administrator
255 Posts
When logging in for your first attempt, does it say "Thank you for logging in..." and brings you back to your page, but not logged in?
If so, next time this happens, log in and then refresh the page.

Ed

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
When logging in for your first attempt, does it say "Thank you for logging in..." and brings you back to your page, but not logged in?
If so, next time this happens, log in and then refresh the page.

Ed
How about defaulting the “Remember Me” box to *checked*. I’ve noticed it’s this way on other forums. If I have to remember to click the box every time (otherwise get logged out), it might as well be done automatically.

·
Administrator
255 Posts
Hello there,

Unfortunately, we cannot get that permanently checked due to user preferences as well as regional policies.
If this issue occurs again let us know.

Ed

·
Registered
12 Posts
So far, the "remember me" trick seems to have worked.

I don't ever tick "remember me" because I use Chrome to remember my passwords, so I thought that would do the trick, but actually ticking the box has helped so far ... at least for the past three or four days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Repeatedly being logged out

Just joined the forum but have been getting logged out every time I "do" anything other than just read posts in threads. I did an intro post, it logged me out. I replied to something about my intro post and it required me to log back in. And so on.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just joined the forum but have been getting logged out every time I "do" anything other than just read posts in threads. I did an intro post, it logged me out. I replied to something about my intro post and it required me to log back in. And so on.
Hello . . as mentioned earlier in this thread, ever since some software change a year or so ago, the only way to keep from getting logged out is to check the "Remember Me" box near where you sign in. Look for it as it is easily missed.

For whatever reason, when the system had some software change . . . it would log us all out if we did not sign in and also check that small 'Remember Me" box near the log in entry spaces.
Previously to that, the system would keep you logged in for a period of time, we could make comments, threads and all other forum activities, and only after a period of time would the system log us out if we had not logged in along with checking the "Remember ME" box.

I do not think it is some policy or regional issue. . It worked correctly before just like on other websites that used this software. Now, for whatever reason, the system is wonky since that software "update" or change in the past year or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seems like this site has become like others I have tried where the software developers work at making the site harder and harder to use while deflecting the complaints. Not sure I am going to spend/waste more time on it. I particularly hate (and hate isn't a strong enough word) the repeated use of the "Human Verification" nonsense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Site usage issues

The site is working better recently (not logging me off anymore), although it still requires me to go through the register screen to log-in. Nothing happens if I try to log-in from the home screen.

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I recently joined it was logging me off steady. Thought maybe it was my mouthwash.. :surprise:

Anyhow I just check the box after log in, & no problem since & I run latest Fox as well.

·
Administrator
255 Posts
The site is working better recently (not logging me off anymore), although it still requires me to go through the register screen to log-in. Nothing happens if I try to log-in from the home screen.
This may be due to a caching issue on site. If you log in through the home page does anything change when you click any of the other links in the navbar?

Kyle

21 - 38 of 38 Posts