GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed out the other day, cleared cookies, and since then - --

Can't select Last Day, Last 2 Days, etc under the new Post Tab without getting logged out.

2. I get logged out and asking for my password to be verified everytime I want to post something

·
Registered
245 Posts
I signed out the other day, cleared cookies, and since then - --

Can't select Last Day, Last 2 Days, etc under the new Post Tab without getting logged out.

2. I get logged out and asking for my password to be verified everytime I want to post something

same thing happening to me...

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am on another forum with the same forum software and it is fine.

Something amiss here only . . . . :plain:

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
does this also happen when you clear cache and cookies? you're using chrome I assume?

Lee

That's when it started happening. I had logged out and ran CCleaner which does a pretty good job of cleaning everything. I am using the latest Mozilla Firefox.
So I had to log back in all my other accounts and here and then it started this. It seems to be working ok now. . but I'm afraid to log out and back in.

I will do it any how and report back. . . if it lets me.

EDIT: -- Ok. I just logged out, then logged back in after having to go into the forum "Home " screen. I was able to log back in , but as soon as I clicked on the "New Posts" tab, it logged me out. So I had to log back in on the Home screen 2 more times and click on a forum post there, then go to here and it is working fine again.
It's like once I log out, it has to be logged back in on the Home screen and still acts wonky the first few times.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It still is doing the same thing.

If I log out and then log back in.

If I stay on the Home page for awhile (while all the ads populate) . . leave it alone for awhile . .. then come back and hit the :New Posts: tab. . . . wait for ALL ads to populate. . . then click on a topic . . . then I can enter a thread and read or post.

If i do not wait for ALL ads to populate. . . then the system logs me out.

My guess. . . one of the ads has something malicious in it.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok . .more info . .

It only seems to log me out under the conditions mentioned above IF I do not check the "Remember Me" box when logging in.
It shouldn't really log a person out just clicking on the "New Posts" tab.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...I'm having the same issues on my iphone 6 using Safari AND on my laptop using Firefox...

I found today. . that this is very erratic.

I finally was able to log in and stay logged in. . but HAD to remember to check the "Remember me" box. Then and only then was I able to navigate all parts and feature of the forum without getting logged out.

But it never did that in the past and it does not do this on other websites using the same software.

NOTE to Admin. : Try logging in on a "virgin" computer on another LAN and using Firefox and make sure the "Remember me" box is uncheck for logging in.

·
Administrator
243 Posts
Hello there,

There is a session timeout of 30 minutes.
If you're idle on the forum for that long, you will get logged out.
I also notice that if you log in, it'll show that you're not logged in, but once you refresh the page, you should be good.

Ed

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
It's still happening here, too (Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Just happened three times in a row. Tried "Reload" page, but that didn't work.

What worked was clicking the "Remember Me" box beside the login boxes, which I've *never* used in the past.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Trying using Edge. I have no issue with Edge, I haven't had to log back in over a month. Those with Chrome and Mozilla might have a popup blocker setting or security setting causing this. I know a lot of people don't like Edge but being in IT I've learned you need to have all the browser available because some websites have issues with them.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It's still happening here, too (Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Just happened three times in a row. Tried "Reload" page, but that didn't work.

What worked was clicking the "Remember Me" box beside the login boxes, which I've *never* used in the past.

Yup . . . see Post #7 in this thread - - - -

Ok . .more info . .

It only seems to log me out under the conditions mentioned above IF I do not check the "Remember Me" box when logging in.
It shouldn't really log a person out just clicking on the "New Posts" tab.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now the latest is . . If I do not check the "Remember Me" box when logging in I no longer get logged out.

But. . then I am not allowed to edit a post in a thread. If pops a an error box that says something to the effect " You do not have permission to perform that operation ".

·
Administrator
243 Posts
Now the latest is . . If I do not check the "Remember Me" box when logging in I no longer get logged out.

But. . then I am not allowed to edit a post in a thread. If pops a an error box that says something to the effect " You do not have permission to perform that operation ".
There is a time limit on editing which is currently at one day. After that time limit, you will need to ask a mod or admin to get the post edited.

If i use an icognito browser window i have to log in a few times in a row before it keeps me logged in.
As for incognito mode, that mode does not store your caches or cookies, hence you will be logged out.
You will need to browse on the regular browser with "remember me" checked.

Ed

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a time limit on editing which is currently at one day. After that time limit, you will need to ask a mod or admin to get the post edited.

As for incognito mode, that mode does not store your caches or cookies, hence you will be logged out.
You will need to browse on the regular browser with "remember me" checked.

Ed

Thanks Ed . . am aware of the time limit. I meant I was not even allowed to edit a post I had just made.

But what was/is causing the forced lot out if the "Remember Me" box is not checked?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Editing a reply today, the screen kept “resetting” on me - back to the main page with all the forums listed. If I clicked the BACK button I could get back to the edit in progress (without losing anything), but it was very aggravating. Happened at least a handful of times.

Another thing I’ve seen - and it could be a local network issue - is the “wait” pop-up appearing at the top of the page. If you hit the space bar you can blow through it, but it’s annoying.

·
Administrator
243 Posts
Thanks Ed . . am aware of the time limit. I meant I was not even allowed to edit a post I had just made.

But what was/is causing the forced lot out if the "Remember Me" box is not checked?
Which area did you post that gave you issues editing the post?
I'll have a look at it.

As for the remember button, we recently added cloudflare onto our forum.
It seems that when you log in, it'll redirect you back to the cached version of the site.

It is something we're looking into.

Ed

·
Registered
749 Posts
I am having a similar problem today, using an iPad Air with the Safari browser (all updates). I have stayed-away from this site for a while, due to the NUMEROUS log-in and performance issues with the site.

When I go to the home page and log-in, I get the welcome log-in message, then I am promptly logged-out.

I was able to select the forms, this forum, then log-in to post this message.

Why are these problems continuing? When will they be fixed? Thank you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts