GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Volt 4300k kit from Steve and I upgraded it to a 5000k kit. Thanks Steve :thumb: OK, I have never had HID before. WOW, why did I not do this before now?????? If you have a Nox LTZ with the projectors in the headlights, DO THIS UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also if you do, make sure to readjust the head lights for the best head light aiming of the projectors! The H.I.D. bulbs are different so it is needed. I had to move up like three inches to get them in wright. It is amazing light. I did a two hour drive over the Rapid City,SD for Xmas shopping. Drove home very late last night. With the bright moon over head, I can still say this new lighting is outstanding in every way. ;D I have new projector head lights for my ford truck and have a Volt 4300k kit coming for my truck. I will be ordering a 3000K kit soon for the Nox fog lights! :cheers: Richard (TNT)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More

Attachments

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
I didn't realize that 5K were so blue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RIT333 said:
I didn't realize that 5K were so blue.
Maybe a tad blue-er thin I was thinking also. Will look very good with the fogs in 3000K HID's :thumb: That will be after my truck in the 4300K's :cheers:

·
Registered
361 Posts
i went with can-bus ballasts and 4500K and saved a ton and didnt have any harnesses to deal with.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i wont post the link of the ebayer i got my stuff from in public however i do respond to pms as people send them to me.

the kit i bought was around $130 free shipping and came with 55w ballasts and lamps and are CHINA made. i have had 0 issues and they dont have a harness with a relay or a diode. you do have to cut into your plastic cover to run the wires and i zip tied my ballasts to the horizontal crossbar under the headlight assembly. they work fine with the DRL circuit and only 1x have i seen 1 ballast not fire. i recycled the headlight power and it refired.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AMG Eric said:
i went with can-bus ballasts and 4500K and saved a ton and didnt have any harnesses to deal with.
sweet, so did you put them into a projector head light?

·
Registered
361 Posts
[
TNT said:
sweet, so did you put them into a projector head light?
No. Normal housing. No one has flashed me with their high beams so all must be fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok that is good. :thumb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
My 5000k on my Saturn are nice and white. Could the projector be causing the color issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts