GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GMC Terrain SLE-2 3.6L Crystal Red Tintcoat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...new member here. Was just curious if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with aftermarket Katzkin leather in their vehicles. Really haven't heard anything negative outside this forum, but I do have a couple issues I need to eventually deal with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
I have never heard a bad word about it. Post photos after you are done.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
PM “BandDirector”. He installed Katzkin on his 2015 Equinox. Turned out well, IIRC.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issues are minor. Some "wear spots" on outer bolsters. I just found it curious as to Katzkins website not recommending any use of normal leather conditioner/cleaner on their product. They claim their leather is supposedly pre-treated?. I have noticed the leather is very stiff, not as pliable as previous vehicles I have owned with factory leather like my 2004 Pontiac Bonneville. Also some of the cover clips keep popping out of the metal seat frame on the side rear seat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My previous daily driver had Katzkin leather seat covers. They generally fit well and looked good but I noticed some wear in the one year I owned the car. They did not seem overly robust. My only other experience with leather seats was on a 2003 Ford Taurus with factory leather. I owned it from 1007 to 2010 and the seat condition never changed in those 3 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea... ironically the Katzkin leather warranty is only 3 years. Seems kind of weak for a leather interior re-do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just gonna pick up a leather "repair kit" from Amazon since it's out of Katzkin warranty anyway. That crease wear on the black bolster side of the driver's seat is what I want to nip in the bud before it gets worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts