GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 Equinox LT2 and have a few questions.
1. How do I activate the MyLink with Pandora? I have synced my phone, but I do not see Pandora on the main screen.
2. The dealer mentioned the ability to sync your phones map to the touch screen. Has anyone else heard this or know how to do it?
3. What iPod models are compatible with the USB port? I have a Nano2G and Shuffle2G.
4. When will a manual be available for the 2012 model?

Please help if you can!

·
Registered
162 Posts
noxfan said:
4. When will a manual be available for the 2012 model?
Didn't you get one with the car?

·
Registered
10,409 Posts

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
noxfan said:
I did not receive a user manual.
They MUST be available - at least I would hope so ! I would pester the dealer if that happened to me !

·
Registered
47 Posts
RIT333 said:
They MUST be available - at least I would hope so ! I would pester the dealer if that happened to me !
I got one with my 2012 2LT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 2012 manual is on-line at the Yahoo / Chevy owners web site, but not on the actual "Chevy" website. I stumbled onto it last night.

You have to log into the site.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
shardin said:
The 2012 manual is on-line at the Yahoo / Chevy owners web site, but not on the actual "Chevy" website. I stumbled onto it last night.

Gee, for another $30K, you could have bought a Hyundai and gotten the manual on an IPad. Or, I suppose you could buy an IPad and download the manual to it, and save $28+K.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Or, for the next three years you can just take the vehicle to the service dept. and let them worry about reading a manual then trade vehicle on new one and never have to turn a page..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just go back to the dealer. They OWE you a manual. There should been a manual, OnStar packet, and XM packet plus a couple quick quides.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Just Purchased 2012 LT2 - Have Questions

RIT333 said:
Gee, for another $30K, you could have bought a Hyundai and gotten the manual on an IPad. Or, I suppose you could buy an IPad and download the manual to it, and save $28+K.
Hyundai is already reversing that and going back to paper manual

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
shardin said:

Post actual url please

·
Registered
118 Posts
PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the 2012 user manual in PDF.

Also, regarding pandora, I confirmed with Chevy that my vehicle is "approved" and has the correct specifications for using pandora. However, I do not have the icon on my infotainment system as well after pairing my phone. My assumption here is that the software was or still is not ready for installation when my car was manufactured. I'm going to contact my dealership today and inquire about a software update for the system. After talking with Chevy they seemed to think that all I had to do was pair my phone and it would pop up, and they directed me to the Pandora website for a how to, which redirects me back to the GM bluetooth website, which hasn't been updated to reflect the new MyLink information. If I get anything out of the dealer today I will let you know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
kain2thebrain said:
PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the 2012 user manual in PDF.

Also, regarding pandora, I confirmed with Chevy that my vehicle is "approved" and has the correct specifications for using pandora. However, I do not have the icon on my infotainment system as well after pairing my phone. My assumption here is that the software was or still is not ready for installation when my car was manufactured. I'm going to contact my dealership today and inquire about a software update for the system. After talking with Chevy they seemed to think that all I had to do was pair my phone and it would pop up, and they directed me to the Pandora website for a how to, which redirects me back to the GM bluetooth website, which hasn't been updated to reflect the new MyLink information. If I get anything out of the dealer today I will let you know.
Please let us know what you find out. I made inquiries recently and got the impression that the new radio with Pandora bluetooth, "My Link", was not ready for prime time and there was no definite date that Chevy was willing to say the radios would be installed. or offered as an option.
I would be willing to wait to buy a 2012 if I could know for sure that I would end up with that radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that you might be out of luck in terms of actual MyLink functionality. I just had a fiasco trying to purchase a 2012 Equinox. Long story short, the salesperson said I could activate the Pandora and Skitcher apps, etc, after activating OnStar. Turns out after I nearly drove off the lot that this wasn't the case and there were in fact three different radios that look exactly the same but aren't. The new radio with MyLink functionality isn't even out yet and there are no guarantees right now that a software upgrade will give the added functionality. Chevy advertised the crap out of MyLink saying it would be on the 2012 Equinox and it may not be even available until early calendar year 2012. If I were you I would be really enraged and unmerciless to GM with regard to this matter. Same with all the other 2012 Equinox owners who might not even know they don't have what they paid for. The dealer I was working with is looking into the issue right now. The internal document that showed the three different radios and their functionalities is supposedly only an internal training document. Would have been nice to be shared by Chevrolet on their website or something! Will post as I find out more on my end. I really want a 2012 Equinox with the MyLink functions...

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would have to agree that the MyLink/Intellilink radio is an entirely different radio altogether. It is not something that can be upgraded. I would be happy to check and see if you have the connected radio with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts