GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on the fourm, I just placed my order for an almost fully loaded SLE2 ;D[/color][/color]. The dealer said it usually takes 8-12 weeks before it will arrive at the dealership. I wanted to know if anyone out there had theirs built and how long did it take you before it arrived at the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I ordered a carbon black SLE-2 w/ navigation, convenience pkg, 18" wheels, light titanium interior. I placed my order with my dealer on Jan. 22 and it was delivered March 16. All in all, not too bad of a wait and as many on this forum will tell you...well worth it! Keep us posted and congrats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. 8 weeks is awesome timeframe for waiting for the truck you want. I got the SLE2, 4 cyclinder, Cyber Grey, Light Interior, Convience Package, Standard wheels, Navigation and Sunroof. This by far will be the best car I've ever had. I can't wait to post pictures.

;D One thing that I want to change is the grille, I like the chrome grille

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine the middle of January, 10 weeks and no informstion from my dealer yet. They just keep asking me to be patient. I don't know what the dealers allocation is and I don't have an order number. The salesman told me they keep changing their GM rep and can not get any answers.
I wish you better luck than me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I posted too soon, I read the post on allocation. I'll call my dealer tomorrow and ask her. I was thinking 12 weeks tops and got excited when I heard people getting them as soon as 8 weeks.

I shopped around and this dealer has given us the best price so I don't see us going to another dealer

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kalayaan said:
I shopped around and this dealer has given us the best price so I don't see us going to another dealer
Interesting a dealer could promise a price before the car arrives??? All dealers (4) I spoke with told me the price will depend when the car physically shows up at the dealer. For example, lets say I ordered the car today (March) and the car arrives in May. The dealers told me I would only be eligible for the rebates offered the month (May) when the car physically arrived, not when I ordered it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
rbradley said:
I ordered mine the middle of January, 10 weeks and no informstion from my dealer yet. They just keep asking me to be patient. I don't know what the dealers allocation is and I don't have an order number. The salesman told me they keep changing their GM rep and can not get any answers.
I wish you better luck than me.
You need a new dealer ASAP.

The ONLY way a dealer gets a vehicle is to order one. Either for their stock or for a customer. They know they dont need to talk to their rep to get an order number.

I seriously cant believe they are giving you this runaround.

Anyways, you will love the SLE2. We LOVE ours and have only had it for a little over a week. Its got all the sweet stuff of the SLTs without that cowhide stuff!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AllenCW, you are correct about the dealer can not give a final price because you have no clue what month the car will come in. I written agreement I have is the price of the truck w/o rebates or incentives. Whatever month we get the truck or VIN number then we can take advantage of the incentive or rebate for that month.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I always buy off the lot. If something is not on the lot like I want, I just wait until something does show up. Or search inventory from chevy.com to look around the area. Main reason is, once the car is on the dealer lot he is a LOT more interested in selling it. Therefor, usually will deal much deeper on the price.

I'd keep open to your dealer finding one already built that is what you want, or very close to it. You'll get it faster, and probably at a better price. Ordering it gives the dealership the advantage on price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 8 week estimate was spot on for mine, but I had priority.

You'll love the SLE-2, I love mine. Not a huge fan of leather, so it was no loss to me getting the SLE-2 and loading it up with a few goodies :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts