GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2011 Terrain 4 cyl AWD SLE 2 with conv. package yesterday and love it. I also purchased the Husky liners for both front and back seats that I got yesterday as well and will put them in today. Have no complaints with the vehicle at all, I have approx 50miles on it already got the vehicle with 13. The only thing I have noticed is the blind spot by the front pillars, especially when making right hand turns but over time I know I will get used to it. Love the XM already, onstar is a nice touch but I don't see myself keeping it. Everyone be safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Congrats! There is nothing quite like the feeling of driving home after picking up a brand new baby. 8) You'll get used to the thick A pillars after a while...it's the price we have to pay for increased rollover strength (that meets 2012 safety regs iirc) and having airbags that cover the windshield.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!
Not a salesman, but you may want to consider the OnStar if you have AAA or CAA, it's cheaper and has more features.
Just sayin'...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Vehicle diagnostics to your e-mail everymonth and free diagnostics at the touch of a button? I think well worth the price when half these garages out there charge you up to the ass just to plug your car into there machine and find out whats wrong with it.

Plus automatic crash response....heaven forbid anyone who drives my vehicle or me get into a crash where we are unresponsive its great to know that I will be sent help right away....it could be the difference between life or death when your out on your own and noone is around.

·
Registered
626 Posts
gearhead said:
Congrats and enjoy!
Not a salesman, but you may want to consider the OnStar if you have AAA or CAA, it's cheaper and has more features.
Just sayin'...
You have my attention...explain! ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
mnussbaum said:
You have my attention...explain! ;)
Few examples:

• Lowers your insurance.
    Free towing.
    Free tire change.
    On Star advisor merely a push button away, for any questions, vehicle diagnostics, emergencies 24/7/365.
    Unlocking your vehicle if you left your keys inside just a phone call away.
    Vehicle diagnostics sent to your e-mail monthly.
    Automatic accident detection and emergency crews dispatched by OnStar, great if you're immobilized or unconscious.
    Phone works great, better than a cell phone, or tie your Bluetooth phones to it.
    Auto slow-down/disable of vehicle if it is stolen, plus it can be tracked by GPS, OnStar always knows where you are (bad if you're a drug mule hahahaha).
    I'm sure there's more and the cost is less than CAA here in Canada.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had Onstar for 7 years now, IF you ever get into a crash and need help, it is priceless. I got hit two years ago (their fault) and knocked out. My phone was on the floor. With no cell to reach for, wife hit the Onstar button and had a human to speak with in less than two seconds (her story told to me later) They sent Police and ambulance and stayed on with her (kept her calm) until well after Police and ambulance arrived. She will NOT let us be without Onstar. Ever.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
inphoenix said:
I've had Onstar for 7 years now, IF you ever get into a crash and need help, it is priceless. I got hit two years ago (their fault) and knocked out. My phone was on the floor. With no cell to reach for, wife hit the Onstar button and had a human to speak with in less than two seconds (her story told to me later) They sent Police and ambulance and stayed on with her (kept her calm) until well after Police and ambulance arrived. She will NOT let us be without Onstar. Ever.
For sure that is priceless, thanks InPhoenix for sharing and glad to to hear you made it OK!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all I have another question. As you all know I picked up my ride on Friday and absolutely love it, but has anyone had a problem in the beginning with there front drivers side seat. I can't find a comfortable position and feel like there is something metal going into my left side of my lower back? Could it just be that the seat has to be broken in? Has anyone experienced this? I'm going to wait it out and see if it breaks in but any feed back would be great thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
There's an adjustment for lumbar (lower back) on the seat, maybe that's what you're feeling. Press the rocker switch back to retract it. It's shown on page 3-6 of the 2011 owner's manual.

·
Registered
626 Posts
There's no "break-in" for the seats...ask the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another note about the OnStar.....If you have an iPhone or Android Phone theres a mobile app that lets your phone trigger the remote start and lock and unlock doors etc from your phone.

I've carried a Blackberry for years and this feature is tempting me to change phones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts