GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just back from driving home my brand new Mocha Steel Metallic SLT-1 from Rossi GMC in Washington, NJ. First drive was spectacular, the car is beautiful and drives tremendously smooth, especially for 4 cylinders. It's loaded - leather seats, premium stereo with navigation, AWD, etc. Can't wait to get some serious miles on it but tomorrow's snow storm might delay that a few days.

WO

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congrats walterobrien!
Have lots of fun w/your new vehicle and welcome to the best place for Terrain info on the net!
8)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm a whole week ahead of ya on the Terrain new owner thing. Also got the loaded SLT-1, FWD in FLA. Just love this car and you will too. And this is the place to find out EVERYTHING you will ever want to know about your new ride!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great news. Don't let the snow stop you. We had our first snowfall since I got my Terrain a couple weeks ago, I have the SLT-2/I-4/AWD and it just devoured the snow, no problems at all. I had to take it easy, the biggest problem I had was getting too over-confident in the snow.

KJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my Pure Back Terrain on Last Friday Feb.26th, I'm in Montreal. I was embarassing when I was looking for one. My first intention was Equinox, but after I found there's Terrain I totally changed my mind. I'm a man, I need a car like a man, so I asked my dealer to get me one, a pure black one with 2.4L engine, afer checked all the GM dealers in Montreal, I called, visited, everyone said they are gonna ordered one for me and I have to wait for at least two months, that's bullshit, I didn't. then I told my dealer just get me pure black one with any kind of engine. Terrain is manufactured in Ontario, Canada, it's very close to Montreal, I have to wait for 2 months to get a black one? ridiculous. Finally my dealer got me one from Ontario, he traded his brown one ( stupid color I said ), so thank him that I got my Fwd V6 pure black Terrain parking in my backyard, I just enjoy driving it and watching it shining under the sunshine.

·
Registered
635 Posts
SnowItch said:
What a terrific 1st post :mad: You insult over half the people on the forum, post in the wrong thread (why are you posting about a black Terrain in the Mocha Steel thread), can't spell (ever hear of a spell checker), curse (just not necessary) and show an immature and arrogant attitude.
I think he is a planted subversive. Insulting our selected vehicle and colour, what nerve! I will crouch behind him Sno if you can push him!

·
Registered
635 Posts
SnowItch said:
LOL - how about on the edge of a deep canyon...
Canyon or Colorado?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
No way in the world would you get me out there. I have a bad case of Vertigo and would get really sick.
Honestly sorry to hear that, Sno, but not all Vertigo is that bad I think???

But you couldn't get me on that ledge either, heck I near passed out at the top of the CN Tower observation deck where you look straight down through the glass floor below you.

Just had to throw that one in there, had no idea what Vertigo actually was..OK back on topic.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Vertigo is what just made my stomach flip when I looked at your 2nd picture.
Most of the people there were freaking out, SnowItch, believe me!
Heck, I remember my Dad was afraid to walk out onto the glass sunroom of our 22nd floor condo, creeping out there slowly step by step, will never forget that one and still bring it up to him on occasion.
:eek:
OK, now I'm really ripping walterobriens thread, sorry bud!

·
Registered
48 Posts
walterobrien said:
I'm just back from driving home my brand new Mocha Steel Metallic SLT-1 from Rossi GMC in Washington, NJ. First drive was spectacular, the car is beautiful and drives tremendously smooth, especially for 4 cylinders. It's loaded - leather seats, premium stereo with navigation, AWD, etc. Can't wait to get some serious miles on it but tomorrow's snow storm might delay that a few days.

WO
congrats! I have the mocha with black leather slt2 and 6cyl. Love it the nav and pioneer system is great. Did not like the style of the 19" chrome wheels. Gmc missed the design on that one! So I kept the 18" alloy and very happy I did. Looks so much better. Well I hope you are as happy as I am with my mocha! Best of luck

·
Registered
635 Posts
SnowItch said:
No way in the world would you get me out there. I have a bad case of Vertigo and would get really sick.
I have Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) too! I am having it this week. I am going to try to find this in my area.

·
Registered
265 Posts
IF you ask me there are more than 1 Subversive on this board who loves to put down different SUV's and try to bring out all the bad things about them..I guess thats what the Ignore button is for doing..Thanks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I did the CN tower last year when I went up for the Ontario HOG rally. Talk about taking baby steps. At least I finally got out there. The elevator wasn't so bad. Sears Tower(Willis Tower) has a all glass bunp out .....you won't get me out on that one.

If I had known I was going to buy a Terrain, I would have seen if they had factory tours and took one.

Congrats to all you newbies like me, I got mine yesterday also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not to continue off-topic in this thread but,
Gearhead that is an amazing picture from the CN Tower. I have been up there also. it is very cool. Fortunatly I do not suffer from vertigo, otherwise that is a very scary outlook.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BOT. Great color and congratulations on your new ride. I hope to able to purchase one of my choice soon.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Cdnboy said:
Not to continue off-topic in this thread but,
Gearhead that is an amazing picture from the CN Tower. I have been up there also. it is very cool. [/color]Fortunatly I do not suffer from vertigo, otherwise that is a very scary outlook.
Hi Cdnboy, seeing as walterobrien is probably out cruising in his Terrain, I'll take a moment and add this off-topic...
The CN tower is very cool indeed!
If you ever have the chance, go up there when it is very windy outside!
The tower actually sways back and forth quite noticeably and to some that's frightening enough in itself!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts