GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pecking around here for a couple weeks after looking at a 2010 SLT-2. Just got back from the dealer with a 2012 AWD SLT-2 with the V6 in white with the black interior. This is the wife's ride, and she seems to like it.

I reset the average mpg before we left on a quick test drive of about 12 miles in and out of town. When we got back to the dealer it chowed an average of 19.2. I know it's hardly an accurate estimate, but at least it's something. She'll be commuting about 60 miles a day, and it's all highway, so I'll watch it and post numbers to the forum for those that are searching for that stuff )like I was).

First impressions were very good. The interior quality is about what I would expect in an SUV in this price range. The lighting will take some getting used to. Is it just me that thinks its a bit tough to read the red buttons at night? I can also see now why SO MANY PEOPLE upgrade the low beam bulbs in these...wow what a weird line they cast. Might not be to bad in southern climates, but with fresh snow on the ground it is a very strange effect.

Ipod interface...I've read a lot of posts complaining about the usd interface with ipod. Perhaps there was an update, but I plugged my iphone straight into the usb, and all the artists, songs, genres, etc. were immediately available. Of course I only have a few hundred songs on my phone, but there was no lag. no reading, and we drove around town for about an hour without a hiccup.

Anyway, I'm off to internet land to look for accessories...need summer wheels & tires, grill, shark fin, low beams, all weather floor mats. window visors, and some sort of seat cover for the back seat so the dogs can ride when the wife decides its time.

Thanks to everyone for all the posts to the forum, I learned a ton in the last couple weeks...smoothest new car purchase I've ever made!

-Curt

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
congrats!!!

Im sure you will be happy with it..

I have 2012 AWD V6 and I'm getting between 18-19 MPG. I have just over 2k and every tank avg. has been around that number...mix of city/highway..

Im waiting for a good snow storm here in metro Detroit so I can have some fun!

had a 2011 AWD I4 terrain last winter and it was alot of fun! handles great in the snow!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Great choice on the V6 :cheers: Avoid the I4 at all costs :angryfire:

·
Registered
371 Posts
truckweb said:
Why? The I4 may have had problems before, but it's a "new" engine in 2012....
What's "new" about it? It's still the same I4 2.4 engine design.

·
Registered
116 Posts
fireman591 said:
Great choice on the V6 :cheers: Avoid the I4 at all costs :angryfire:
I've done alot of research on this, hopefully it all works out. The 2012 I4 engines and late build 2011's have had modifications done to the cylinders and rings ( to stop fuel in oil and rough start up issues ). I have not heard of any issues to date about THESE engines. No one in this forum seems shy about rasing issues.

Yes I did say as of yet..... I am holding my breath as my Terrain STL-2 FWD is being build ( the awd dose not pass emission standards for the North East and cannot be ordered from the factory and registered as new ).
But REALLY enjoy our new Terrain looks great and I hear both engines get stronger and mpg gets better after a while.

·
Registered
371 Posts
JTNJ said:
I've done alot of research on this, hopefully it all works out. The 2012 I4 engines and late build 2011's have had modifications done to the cylinders and rings ( to stop fuel in oil and rough start up issues ). I have not heard of any issues to date aboute THESE engines. No one in this forum seems shy about rasing issues.

Yes I did say as of yet..... I am holding my breath as my Terrain STL-2 FWD is being build ( the awd dose not pass emission standards for the North East and cannot be ordered from the factory and registered as new ).
But REALLY enjoy our new Terrain looks great and I hear both engines get stronger and mpg gets better after a while.
I'd be curious to know what constitutes a late 2011 in regards to the I4 changes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
tsduke said:
I'd be curious to know what constitutes a late 2011 in regards to the I4 changes.
For sure , but so far the 2012's are OK

·
Registered
371 Posts
JTNJ said:
For sure , but so far the 2012's are OK
So far my 6/21/2011 build is ok at 4200 miles, but another member has a 2011 with same build date and start up noise. His was built in a different plant. Maybe I can hope that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It seems that the 2012 I4 engines havent had any issues with gas smell on dipstick, rattling startup noise, transmission issues..and they seem to be getting good MPG numbers..

Though we didnt start hearing about the rattling noise until April 2011...

Hopefully these engines will perform well for the new 2012 owners!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I hope they are good to go, but they haven't been around long. They were just hitting the lot when we were traded out to our current 2011 Nox in August.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would be happy to look into this for you as well. Does anyone have a VIN for the 2011 and one for the 2012 that I could possibly compare?

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
PM sent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
any chance of you posting a picture of the ambient light locations in the doors? door cup area and door storage area? thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts