GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to my local dealer after doing A LOT of research online for a few months (Starting in late Dec). Test drove an SLT-1 AWD I4 Model and then a Fully loaded SLT-2 AWD V6 (with 19" Chrome Rims). Both were Silver.
V6 has a little more punch for sure but does not feel like 264 HP. Maybe thats because the engine doesnt produce 264HP until near 7000 RPM. Heck with the engine revving that hard I felt like I was driving like a teenager to get all off the power out of the motor. The I4 was not weak by any means and was very smooth and suprisingly quiet. (thanks to the ANC)
SO I decided on the AWD 4 Cyl. Not going to tow anything and the gas savings will be great!. (Coming from a Durango with a Hemi that gets 12 MPG in the city I will save over $100.00 in gas / Month with the I4!)
Ordered out as follows:
SLT - 2 Trim
Navigation
Rear Seat DVD
Trailering (1500LBS... better than nothing at all!)
Cargo Package
BROWNSTONE Interior (I think this is amazingly sharp looking, Very Upscale!)
Cyber Grey Metallic Paint
Front & Rear Mud Guards (Installed)
Cost will be $34,560 (- any rebates at time of delivery which will most likely be $0.00 !!!)

Dealer told me they have allocation and it should be ready for me to pick up early to mid May.
Going to be a long wait!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats! I ordered mine (SLT-1) with power sunroof and power rear tailgate early Feb. No build date yet, but dealer advised that it should be soon. Can't wait.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The waiting is the worst part!
I guess I will get mine after all the pot holes and sand is cleaned up off of the streets from this brutal winter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome & link.. Gave it a read and found some questions that I didnt know I had the answer to..
1. Dealership said they have allocation for me.
2. Dealer said that they would put my order at the top of the allocation on monday morning!
3. Will call me with the order #.. Then I will go track it at the carmarotracking site..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. They are a good dealership. Father in law has probably purchased 20 cars from them over the years. They know him well.. That helped my order and deal for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good bro....Im getting mine in 2 weeks :) fully loaded and just $35875.92 with the miltary discount from the dealer and Im going to get another discount from the GMC website (another Mil discount) around 950.00 ;)....let see!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer just called. Order is in and I have an order number! Going to sign up at camarotracking..
That was FAST!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Order placed offically on Monday AND now acccording to CamaroTracking.com I am at "2500 Order Prefrenced"

Dealer told me Mid May.. Maybe sooner???

Things are moving along, QUICKLY!

·
Registered
118 Posts
not to burst your bubbel but I have been stuck at 3000 for 2 weeks and my build week not day is 04/12/2010
which after it is built they are saying it takes 2 weeks to ship...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm. Well Maybe Mid May is accurate..?

I am just glad the order was entered in quickly and things are at least moving..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shipped by
Notes: 04/26/2010
Last Update(s)
March 18, 2010 - Current

Looks like Mid-May it is!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome bocks, and good for you!
You're going to love it, especially the savings in gas in your case!
;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome. I cant decied if being a member of this forum is going to help make the wait go faster or make it seem longer?
At any rate I will know more about the Terrain when it arrives becuase of all the information in this community.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trust me you'll get to love this site. I get my Terrain tomorrow and have been obsessed with this site everyday since I found it a week ago. I've read the online version of the manual twice, Nav manual twice, even the bloody OnStar manual. Then last night I took my wife and 2 year old son to the dealer just to look at it through the garage bay window. The Terrain are becomming an obsession for me, and I'm glad I'm not alone!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are not alone! I have read nearly every post on this forum. Its going to be a LONG wait!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its progressing!

Shipped by
Last Update(s)
April 7, 2010 - Current

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Home stretch now! Looks like it will be built next week!

Shipped by
Last Update(s)
April 21, 2010 - Current

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered mine as well! Ordered 3/3/10 and dealer just got word fhat GM is shipping it and I should have it around 4/25/10-4/27/10 which puts it right around 8 weeks! So excited and can't wait for it to finally be here...feels like I've been waiting forever!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picking mine up Monday 4-26-10. Like many of you I have been back to the dealership to look at it and re-test drive it. I feel like a teenager on prom night. Now I have to work on my night moves(Seager).Really impressed with this automobile, can't wait to get it on the highway. Mine is a SLT1, bronstone interior,AWD,V6,power lift tailgate but no gps. I was looking for american cars and just stumbled on it at a local dealership. It talked to me and I had to have it.
catch you later gotta work on my night moves.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Folks,

I ordered a Quicksilver SLE1 on April 12, 2010. My dealer says 8 weeks but after perusing this site I am certain it will be longer. I am in no rush but I am excited about getting the beast. ;D

My next decision is whether I order WeatherTech or Husky mats and Cargo Liner.

Good Luck on all those awaiting delivery.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts