GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
KFUDGE88 said:
Is this just the 4 cylinder that seems to have this issue?
No! A few forum members have taken in their V6 terrains for fuel pump and ECM issues connected to fuel in the oil. :eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
fireman591 said:
No! A few forum members have taken in their V6 terrains for fuel pump and ECM issues connected to fuel in the oil. :eek:
Hm ill have to check that out.....I just got an oil change on the weekend though so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks or so.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Kfudge: smell the dipstick now so you know what uncontaminated oil is like. Then you'll have a comparison when you check later. If it's just an ECM issue you'd think it's a rather simple fix. The question is why so many vehicles have the problem while so many others do not--and not just "old" vs "new" cars.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Kfudge: smell the dipstick now so you know what uncontaminated oil is like. Then you'll have a comparison when you check later. If it's just an ECM issue you'd think it's a rather simple fix. The question is why so many vehicles have the problem while so many others do not--and not just "old" vs "new" cars.
will do thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They said they couldn't find anything wrong. Said it even had all recent updates .
So they just changed the oil and have it back. They also said that if it
Happened again they would have to get me a rental and start ripping it apart.
If it comes to that can I just get a new one from GM?

·
Registered
18 Posts
No, unfortunately it's not that easy

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer this morning. They want the Terrain asap to pull the part number off the fuel pump. They said there is now a service bulletin pertaining to this now. I will try to get the bulletin number or a copy of the bulletin and post it. It deals with fuel in the oil and subpar MPG :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
fireman591 said:
I just got a call from the dealer this morning. They want the Terrain asap to pull the part number off the fuel pump. They said there is now a service bulletin pertaining to this now. I will try to get the bulletin number or a copy of the bulletin and post it. It deals with fuel in the oil and subpar MPG :)
Please post it if you can fireman. Thanx.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

fireman591 - Yours is a 2010 right? I wonder if the bulletin is for both or just 2010.

·
Registered
365 Posts
goofygames said:
Please post it if you can fireman. Thanx.
Ok the service bulletin for the I4 with fuel in the oil and poor MPG is p4783.
They ordered me a new fuel pump today and it should go in next week. I will post up when the repairs have been made.
I have the 2011 I4 terrain awd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
fireman591 said:
Ok the service bulletin for the I4 with fuel in the oil and poor MPG is p4783.
They ordered me a new fuel pump today and it should go in next week. I will post up when the repairs have been made.
I have the 2011 I4 terrain awd
I just talked to the other dealership in my town and they are aware of this issue. They have had a couple others in for the same thing. Mine is going there today to get the fuel pump changed out. This is good news.

·
Registered
365 Posts
goofygames said:
I just talked to the other dealership in my town and they are aware of this issue. They have had a couple others in for the same thing. Mine is going there today to get the fuel pump changed out. This is good news.
It is great news!!! I was wondering if they would ever figure out what was wrong. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to take it to the dealer ;D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Just called my Service dept. The service rep couldnt find anything on the issue. I gave him the Service bulletin number and he is going to look into it and get back with me.

Thanks Fireman591/goofygames for the info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just talked to the dealership and they told me that that bulletin is not for the 2011 only the 2010 so they arent going to change mine.Sounds like a bunch of bulls**t to me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yeah, It does... Fireman591 has the 2011 and he is taking his in for the fuelpump. My dealership didnt call me back yet. hope to hear from them tomorrow.

·
Registered
365 Posts
goofygames said:
Just talked to the dealership and they told me that that bulletin is not for the 2011 only the 2010 so they arent going to change mine.Sounds like a bunch of bulls**t to me.
Make them pull the number from your aux fuel pump to confirm you have the correct pump. They have replaced that pump design 3 times already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
wrusprod said:
Just called my Service dept. The service rep couldnt find anything on the issue. I gave him the Service bulletin number and he is going to look into it and get back with me.

Thanks Fireman591/goofygames for the info.
Let me know what the say on yours. I called again and they know about it, they have to wait for GM to say they can fix it apparently. He ordered the part but wont change it till they say ok. Of course the other dealership just changed the oil 15 kms ago so they dont smell the gas in there now.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice.

Fireman, do you have the actual bulletin? Ours isnt throwing a code but I know the HPFP is failing again due to the low MPG the last two fill ups. 26-27 reported on the DIC and getting actual 22-23 hand calculating.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My Dealership called me back today, and he was clueless. He didnt have any history or bulletins on this issue. I told him everything that was stated here..and no response..nice...Im going to take it in and leave it, I guess..

·
Registered
365 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Nice.

Fireman, do you have the actual bulletin? Ours isnt throwing a code but I know the HPFP is failing again due to the low MPG the last two fill ups. 26-27 reported on the DIC and getting actual 22-23 hand calculating.
p4783

21 - 40 of 514 Posts