GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have only owned this vehicle a couple of days, I am very surprised at it's build quality. Certainly I have read all about the Terrain/Equinox for many months on the internet, but was still surprised and pleased when I test drove an SLT a few weeks ago. This is nothing compared to driving your own vehicle over a few days. Long story short, the local dealer received a shipment of four Terrains Monday--all SLT's with all wheel drive and V6 engines. My wife wanted the Mocha SLT-1 and we bought the car Monday afternoon--before it made it out of the service bay!

Time may temper my enthusiasm, but this is the best vehicle we have ever owned (and we have owned quite a diverse group). I traded in an 08 Dodge Charger for the Terrain and have no regrets! ;D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Feels surprisingly solid doesn't it? The glow of new ownership fades over time, but I think you'll still be liking your Terrain this time next year. I've had my Equinox since December 09 and I still think I made the right choice versus several import/Ford smaller suv's that I also considered. You mentioned build quality, and that's something that I also noticed right away...I hadn't seriously shopped for a domestic vehicle since the early 90's, but I noticed that not only were all of the body panels/trim put on correctly, but also the gaps (doors/hood/hatch etc..) were very small...kinda like Lexus used to brag about on their cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like I'm driving a vehicle that cost twice as much. Most dealers here are selling Terrains at 1k above MSRP. I paid about 1k below MSRP with my credit union discount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts