GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Jet Black leather noticably hotter than say the two tone leathers?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have not noticed anything hotter than usual. The windows are tinted well, especially the back seats. The biggest thing to remember is to close the sunroof shade (if you have a sunroof) on hot sunny days. When it is 90 plus outside, all cars get hot. Open then windows when you first start driving for a couple minutes and all is fine.

They have never gotten as hot as the black vinyl seats in the '66 Corvair my mom had when I was a kid...we had to cover them with towels to keep from causing blisters on our legs. ;)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have the Titanium leather which isn't bad, but I have had black leather in another car and it can get a little toasty. The key is to get your windows tinted, park in the shade and leave a couple of the windows open a little at the top. (preferrably the rear windows since it would make reaching the door lock controls much harder for a thief.)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are searching out a jet black/brownstone but may have to settle for straight black. Not sure I want too.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
tsduke said:
Is the Jet Black leather noticably hotter than say the two tone leathers?
I have not noticed any issues, but it has only gotten up to 99 degrees here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We own two Equinox's. One with brown/black and the other is jet black interior. I really haven't noticed a difference in either in terms of being hotter. I do agree with previous post on keeping you sunroof shade closed to keep the car cooler.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SlayerX11 said:
the brownstone and black is amazing looking and worth looking for.
My dealer is failing to find us Mocha with the Brownstone. Everyone they locate reports "sold". Which I think is universal for "sold" or "you can't have it". Tomorrow they will be talking to the dealer who they say has the last Mocha available to them on locate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts