GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the paper work is done, I'm now waiting for my 2012 Terrain SLT-1 FWD, 4cyl. I should have it by January 31.

- Merlot Jewel Metallic
- Black leather seats
- 18 inch chrome wheels
- Power rear liftgate
- Premium All Weather Floor Mats and Splash Guards

I'm quite happy with my choice and the wait until I drive it will be long!!! LOL :cheers:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
WAIT!!!! Dont sign on it yet...oops..too late..

HAHA!! just messin' with ya...Congrats!! sounds like a great ride!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The end of this month? That's not gonna happen. I ordered way back at 11/11, and they told me it wouldn't come after the end of this month.

·
Registered
116 Posts
jayjeremy said:
The end of this month? That's not gonna happen. I ordered way back at 11/11, and they told me it wouldn't come after the end of this month.
I was told 6 to 8 weeks ...closer to 6.

My Terain recently ordered too...COOL
:beer:

·
Registered
289 Posts
You will love the Merlot Jewel. I love mine.

jayjeremy said:
Your dealer must have a bunch in front of you or isn't giving you the correct info. Here's my dates.

10/14 - Distribution Order Update sent to all dealers that starting 10/17 Merlot Jewel was added to the order guide.
10/17 - Merlot Jewel was available for order
10/18 - Order placed with dealership
11/07 - Order accepted by GM
12/05 - Production started
12/12 - Vehicle shipped
12/15 - Vehicle arrived at dealership
01/03 - Vehicle picked up

The only hold up was GM was restricting the number of Merlot Jewel orders per marketing area. Therefore they wouldn't accept the order for a few weeks. It then sat at the dealership for about 2.5 weeks because I was hoping to get a better promotion from GM after the first of the year. Low and behond, the promition I received was worse so I picked up the last day I could.

So total time from order accepted to pickup was 5 weeks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Terrain I'm buying is already built, it's in a dealership in Toronto. They will ship it to my dealer this week. So after that it's prep and it's done!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
January 26, 10h45, I'm going to have my Terrain! That same afternoon, winter tires are going to be installed.

COOL!!! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
truckweb said:
The Terrain I'm buying is already built, it's in a dealership in Toronto. They will ship it to my dealer this week. So after that it's prep and it's done!
That's why. Nice. Congratz

·
Registered
13 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
You will love the Merlot Jewel. I love mine.

Your dealer must have a bunch in front of you or isn't giving you the correct info. Here's my dates.

10/14 - Distribution Order Update sent to all dealers that starting 10/17 Merlot Jewel was added to the order guide.
10/17 - Merlot Jewel was available for order
10/18 - Order placed with dealership
11/07 - Order accepted by GM
12/05 - Production started
12/12 - Vehicle shipped
12/15 - Vehicle arrived at dealership
01/03 - Vehicle picked up

The only hold up was GM was restricting the number of Merlot Jewel orders per marketing area. Therefore they wouldn't accept the order for a few weeks. It then sat at the dealership for about 2.5 weeks because I was hoping to get a better promotion from GM after the first of the year. Low and behond, the promition I received was worse so I picked up the last day I could.

So total time from order accepted to pickup was 5 weeks.
Same here, I should just go for a pre-build ones. The promotion was worse than before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My local dealer is really pushing the Terrain. Has 16 setting on his lot. 2 of them are Merlot also has about all the colors ready to go. This is a small town in lower Mich.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
what city in Michigan?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congrats!!! WOW that is a great color!!.. :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, after a good wash and a closer inspection of the truck, I can say that GM did a so-so job at the fit and finish of the truck. Here is my personal list so far :

- The doors, the bottom "plastic" panels are not well aligned with the doors, in fact, seems to be smaller than the doors. And the gap between the 2 doors is wider on that plastic part.
- The hatch door, when closed, the gap on the right side is wider than on the left side.
- The mud guard are flimsy, I would not kick them to remove snow, I'd be scared to break something.
- The chrome part of the fog lights, some gap can be seen where it meets with the plastic of the bumper. Dirt gets there....
- The "chrome" 18in wheels looks good, but are complete fake "caps" on wheels. It's kinda lame...

I would not plow through snow with my Terrain, I'd be afraid to scrap all the bottom plastic, mud guard, ..... :thumbdown:

·
Registered
673 Posts
truckweb said:
Well, after a good wash and a closer inspection of the truck, I can say that GM did a so-so job at the fit and finish of the truck. Here is my personal list so far :

- The doors, the bottom "plastic" panels are not well aligned with the doors, in fact, seems to be smaller than the doors. And the gap between the 2 doors is wider on that plastic part.
- The hatch door, when closed, the gap on the right side is wider than on the left side.
- The mud guard are flimsy, I would not kick them to remove snow, I'd be scared to break something.
- The chrome part of the fog lights, some gap can be seen where it meets with the plastic of the bumper. Dirt gets there....
- The "chrome" 18in wheels looks good, but are complete fake "caps" on wheels. It's kinda lame...

I would not plow through snow with my Terrain, I'd be afraid to scrap all the bottom plastic, mud guard, ..... :thumbdown:

I dont understand why there is no splash shield on our cars in the front or even some sort of skid plate...

Chrome clad wheels are nice but are a disappointment when it comes to quality.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is it just me, or do the 2012's come with a 220MPH speedometer on them? :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts