GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Terrain. However, one of my minor pet peeves with it is how the doors don't like to stay open. Unless I really check to make sure they are open all the way they will close on me. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
jdubs1211 said:
I love my Terrain. However, one of my minor pet peeves with it is how the doors don't like to stay open. Unless I really check to make sure they are open all the way they will close on me. Does anyone else have this issue?
Haven't heard anyone mention this.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, I know what you mean. I would guess that they are intentionally engineered to close. I am ok with it. I have gotten feel for about how hard to push to close and find spots that the doors stay open.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Yes..it has been mentioned somewhere here before. It is one of the few 'PIA' features on my wifes new Equinox. It seems the door openings are so large...and the door quite heavy.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have been bitching about this for a long time., but have never seen anyone else complain about it in the past.
I have had many cars that had no problem staying open. My last car, an 01 Aztek, the door would stay open in a hurricane. ;D

I don't think it has anything to do with the size or weight of the door(maybe just a little). The problem is the door hinge detents. They are very shallow on the Terrain, but huge on the Aztek.
The only way I know the door will stay open, I have to physically open the door and hold it in the detent for a second or two before releasing my hand. On my Aztek all I had to do was kick it open and it stayed open.
Maybe this summer I will try and deepen the detents.

·
Registered
978 Posts
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
GARYD said:
On my Aztek all I had to do was kick it open and it stayed open.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just looked at the door hinges.....the detents must be inside the door 'cause I don't see them where most detents are. :banghead:
Well, I'm not going to take the door apart to just to see if I can make the detents bigger. I'll live with what I'm doing now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts