GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2886 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
So I just had my dealer send me an anouncement saying the noise I hear is the fuel pump. He also said I have a lot of warranty so I should not worry about it. I read the item he mailed me and it is for the 3.0 engine and not for the I4 engine. It also sounds nothing like a fuel pump.
Has anybody actually had anything done to correct the issue yet?

·
Registered
978 Posts
WOW...HOLY CRAP !!!

I can't imagine that is "normal"

·
Registered
978 Posts
nox-rocks said:
I can't imagine it will hold together like this.
That clip is sooo short...but my first impression is valve train oil starvation or an exhaust manifold leak...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I went out to make a longer movie but this time it was very quiet. It is only that loud about every 2nd or 3rd time I start it. I will attempt to record it Sunday morning and let it run longer. After several seconds it quiets right down. If it is noisy tomorrow morning I will post it again.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
nox-rocks,
Thats it....the same racket mine is making......like you said it quiets down within seconds...if you can duplicate that again can you continue recording so we can hear the differance as it quiets down?.I have not been able to duplicate it by restarting right away but will try today.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would like to know from each of you...

How many miles on your vehicles
How many oil changes so far
How long ago was your last oil change
When did the noise start in relation to miles since oil change
Who did the oil change
What brand / type of filter was used
What brand and grade of oil are you using
Have you checked your oil level since the noise started

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Mochanox,

Just turnt 1,000
Have not had an oil change yet
Have checked for gas smell and do not recoginize a strong smell of gas

·
Registered
978 Posts
islaguy said:
Mochanox,

Just turnt 1,000
Have not had an oil change yet
Have checked for gas smell and do not recoginize a strong smell of gas
Ok...yikes !!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
I would like to know from each of you...

How many miles on your vehicles
How many oil changes so far
How long ago was your last oil change
When did the noise start in relation to miles since oil change
Who did the oil change
What brand / type of filter was used
What brand and grade of oil are you using
Have you checked your oil level since the noise started
My noise started at 300 miles. I called dealer and they said they would check at first oil change. I took it to dealer at 1000 miles for my first oil change. My first oil change included, AC filter, Mobil synthetic blend at 1000 miles. It made the noise the next morning. I checked the oil at the dealer after the oil change and have been checking it daily for a gas smell. Oil level is on the full mark. This morning when I started it there was a slight lifter noise but otherwise very quiet. I will record another movie of it aroung 4-5 pm but it may or may not make the noise as it does not do it every time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
islaguy said:
nox-rocks,
Thats it....the same racket mine is making......like you said it quiets down within seconds...if you can duplicate that again can you continue recording so we can hear the differance as it quiets down?.I have not been able to duplicate it by restarting right away but will try today.
I will make a movie each time I start it and will shortly post the movie when the noise aooears again. I will make it longer so all can hear it quiet down after several seconds. I sent the first movie to my salesman and he says he is getting with the service dept monday so they can hear it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
nox-rocks said:
Hey Islaguy, Let me know what Tricia comes up with for you.
I sure will......I answered her question "is this something that only happens on a cold start" on Saturday, have not heard back from her yet.

21 - 40 of 2886 Posts