GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I encountered something strange today. I was on a thanksgiving road trip and I plugged my iPod into my 2012 Nox and after indexing I navigated to a specific artist. Under that artist every song was listed twice. I thought this was odd, so I checked other artists. All of the songs were listed twice. I also checked the song count on my iPod (1023) and my Nox (2046), so double. It seems that for some reason every song was indexed twice. I tried unplugging my iPod and plugging it back in, turning the car off and back on. I guess i should have tried restarting the iPod as well. I'm just curious if anyone has any similar issues. I'm planning to troubleshoot tomorrow after my food coma wears off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hooked it up again today and had the same problem. Every song listed twice. Not sure what I did differently, as this just started happening. I should say that this was the first time I had plugged my iPod in since having a USB thumb drive plugged in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I may be having the same problem with my thumb drive, it will play a song and when it's done it will start playing it again and I have to manually advance it to the next song. I haven't played with the radio that much so I don't know how or even if I can get a listing of songs. I'll have to dig the manual out.

I do know the songs aren't on the drive under two slightly different names because I have ran software on the drive that searches for duplicates using file structure rather then just name and it tells me there are no duplicate files.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been dealing with the issue. I have had mu Equinox since November. Some songs appear, some twice and some 3 times. Mu husband is going to ask the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
JenKeyser said:
I have been dealing with the issue. I have had mu Equinox since November. Some songs appear, some twice and some 3 times. Mu husband is going to ask the dealer tomorrow.
Jen,

Let me know how it goes at the dealer. Have you been in contact with customer assitance? Contact me if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Add me to the list with a jump drive showing the same song twice. I also am getting random lock ups at start up and press OK and it goes to FM. :angryfire:

·
Registered
52 Posts
#PI0720: Multiple Song Listings When Using USB Input - (Apr 11, 2012)

Subject:

Multiple Song Listings When Using USB Input

Models:

2012 Buick LaCrosse, Regal, Verano
2012 Chevrolet Equinox, Volt
2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco
2012 GMC Terrain

Equipped with Radio RPOs UFU or UFU and UP9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition/Concern

Some customers may comment that the songs show up multiple times when using the USB input.

Recommendation/Instructions

Do not replace the radio for this condition.

For UFU and UP9 radios, perform the following steps on the radio:

Select :

CONFIG

Vehicle Settings

Restore Factory Defaults

Turn the vehicle off.

Open and close the driver’s door to disable retained accessory power.

Wait 10 minutes to ensure that all GMLAN message traffic ceases and the radio enters sleep state.

If the radio does not enter sleep state, the previously stored device content will not be deleted.

For UFU radios (without UP9), perform the USB software update as directed in PIC5600. This procedure erases previously stored device content.

·
Registered
472 Posts
richardh said:
#PI0720: Multiple Song Listings When Using USB Input - (Apr 11, 2012)

Subject:

Multiple Song Listings When Using USB Input

Models:

2012 Buick LaCrosse, Regal, Verano
2012 Chevrolet Equinox, Volt
2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco
2012 GMC Terrain

Equipped with Radio RPOs UFU or UFU and UP9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition/Concern

Some customers may comment that the songs show up multiple times when using the USB input.

Recommendation/Instructions

Do not replace the radio for this condition.

For UFU and UP9 radios, perform the following steps on the radio:

Select :

CONFIG

Vehicle Settings

Restore Factory Defaults

Turn the vehicle off.

Open and close the driver’s door to disable retained accessory power.

Wait 10 minutes to ensure that all GMLAN message traffic ceases and the radio enters sleep state.

If the radio does not enter sleep state, the previously stored device content will not be deleted.

For UFU radios (without UP9), perform the USB software update as directed in PIC5600. This procedure erases previously stored device content.
Thank you very much :thumb:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I am having this problem also with a 2012 Equinox 1LT. I asked the dealer to apple the update mentioned above and they responded that I shouldn't because it can cause "other problems" with the stereo. I pressed them on this and they vaguely referred to issues with navigation after the update.

·
Registered
472 Posts
:rock: It worked on mine no more doubles :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts