GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving and tried to call my house using the bluetooth hands free. The call went through and I thouht it dropped after a few seconds, so I pushed the button on the steering so I could redail. When I pushed the button the start the hands free the voice said " transfering call" and the call was still in progress and my sister was still on the line, the call seemed to drop again, and the same the happened over and over. Has anyone had this issue?

I have had my Terrain fro about two weeks and not had any other issues with the hands free.

edit: I thought the called dropped was because the radio went back on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think my example is different, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

It has worked fine before, but last night my wife called me from her iPhone 4S using BT in the Terrain. It rang, I answered, but she never heard it ring on her end, and I could not hear her, nor her me. After about 35 seconds the call disconnected on my end, and went back to the radio on hers. She tried to cal me back twice using voice dial but each time it said it was accessing her phone and then would say thanks and go back to the radio. She looked at her phone and the call was still up with me (but not on my end). Multiple times she tried to disconnect and it would not, until she finally power cycled her phone.

I only mention this b/c there are a couple similarities and to get to my point. I have seen before where someone hung up on me after a conversation but my phone did not disconnect from the call. My case, and this one with my wife, were both Verizon to Verizon calls, hers just happened to be through the Terrain.

Who is your carrier/model of phone? It's possible the fault lies in one of them. However, this does sound like a BT connection issue in either the Terrain or the phone. Could you hear each other?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Endo129 said:
I think my example is different, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

It has worked fine before, but last night my wife called me from her iPhone 4S using BT in the Terrain. It rang, I answered, but she never heard it ring on her end, and I could not hear her, nor her me. After about 35 seconds the call disconnected on my end, and went back to the radio on hers. She tried to cal me back twice using voice dial but each time it said it was accessing her phone and then would say thanks and go back to the radio. She looked at her phone and the call was still up with me (but not on my end). Multiple times she tried to disconnect and it would not, until she finally power cycled her phone.

I only mention this b/c there are a couple similarities and to get to my point. I have seen before where someone hung up on me after a conversation but my phone did not disconnect from the call. My case, and this one with my wife, were both Verizon to Verizon calls, hers just happened to be through the Terrain.

Who is your carrier/model of phone? It's possible the fault lies in one of them. However, this does sound like a BT connection issue in either the Terrain or the phone. Could you hear each other?
I was using Verizon mobile to Verizon land line, sister said she could hear the prompts of transfering call, and yes we could hear each other
I use Verizon LG Cosmos phone and my car info is in my signiture

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tricia, I use the hands ofton and this was the only time it happened. I could email the dealership, but I'm hoping just a one time thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My phone is a 'dumb phone' LG Cosmos II, free with my Verizon plan that I got from Best Buy. I just enabled the bluetooth and forget about it. I do not have a source button that I see.
Intresting as my Terrain's hands free now shows my contact list all of a sudden,( I had to manually add contacts to hands free on car ) that is new. I'm thinking that somehow the longer my cell and the Terrain's hands free are connected, the more familiar they get somehow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a droid razor not 1 problem with it it hooks up every time I get in the car without me doing a single thing.as far as the phone book goes I had a request from my terrain to my phone saying terrain would like to access ur phone book click yes and my phone book has been hooked up since love the hands free

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also have a dumb phone.. Kin2m(only semi-current Verizon phone I'm aware of has Wi-Fi without a required data plan).. I occasionally will have Bluetooth access dropping on me.. I restart the phone and/or take the battery out and back

I have always had issues dialing out hands free.. even with other previous phones linked up.. I got frustrated and simply use my phone to dial out when in the car..maybe I will give another go of it today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts