GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMO not worth doing. The loss will be quite substantial.

I would put the money into more warranty and some aftermarket goodies like maybe chrome or different rims.

·
Registered
332 Posts
bballr4567 said:
For me, and my wife is in agreement with me, the only way we will trade our Terrain in is if GM comes out with a hybrid Terrain.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but hybrids are overrated and over priced.

I'd wait for a real viable environmentally responsible alternative in stead of a "feel good" larger than average carbon foot print hybrid, with dangerous lithium batteries that don't really help much in cold climates.

·
Registered
332 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Well, that is your opinion. With the new eAssist system, GM is seeing a pretty dang good increase in MPG while only having a 65 lb battery. Can you imagine a Terrain/Nox that would get 40 MPG on the highway and 27-28 in the city? I would buy a LPG Terrain as well or even a hybrid diesel.

So, what would you suggest?
It's not the weight of the battery alone, but the weight of the whole system and the complexity, and thus cost + cost of repairs/failures vs real world savings in less than ideal climates.

My suggestion would be Hydrogen, but that's a long way of for mainstream with reasonable costs. Here in the land of abundant hydro electricity, all electric makes sense for short distance commutes. But climate again is a factor influencing efficient function.

Initial cost/maintenance/repair cost vs real savings is what's important. You should consider actually trying to save money rather than fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.