GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much money would i lose with trading in 2010 2lt for 2011 ltz both 3.0 v6
Would that be worth doing it, probably not

·
Registered
27 Posts
It all depends, on price and trade money difference, on a 11 ltz you get memory seats for 2 drivers leather and a few extras plus 1 more year of warranty, other than that is about the same as your 2lt.

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMO not worth doing. The loss will be quite substantial.

I would put the money into more warranty and some aftermarket goodies like maybe chrome or different rims.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You're going to lose the "drive off the lot" depreciation plus whatever they subtract for the mileage you have on the 2LT. Any Chevy dealer would love to have you come in and do that though...they sell you a brand new fully loaded Nox, and have a year old used one (assuming low mileage) that they'll jack the price up on and come out ahead no matter what.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The only thing, and I mean only, you have going for you is that there are literally ZERO 'Nox/Terrain on dealer lots used. You can tell them that you will only trade it in for so much but then dont expect them to come down on the new one either.

For me, and my wife is in agreement with me, the only way we will trade our Terrain in is if GM comes out with a hybrid Terrain.

·
Registered
332 Posts
bballr4567 said:
For me, and my wife is in agreement with me, the only way we will trade our Terrain in is if GM comes out with a hybrid Terrain.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but hybrids are overrated and over priced.

I'd wait for a real viable environmentally responsible alternative in stead of a "feel good" larger than average carbon foot print hybrid, with dangerous lithium batteries that don't really help much in cold climates.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
2010Nox said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but hybrids are overrated and over priced.

I'd wait for a real viable environmentally responsible alternative in stead of a "feel good" larger than average carbon foot print hybrid, with dangerous lithium batteries that don't really help much in cold climates.
Well, that is your opinion. With the new eAssist system, GM is seeing a pretty dang good increase in MPG while only having a 65 lb battery. Can you imagine a Terrain/Nox that would get 40 MPG on the highway and 27-28 in the city? I would buy a LPG Terrain as well or even a hybrid diesel.

So, what would you suggest?

·
Registered
378 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Well, that is your opinion. With the new eAssist system, GM is seeing a pretty dang good increase in MPG while only having a 65 lb battery. Can you imagine a Terrain/Nox that would get 40 MPG on the highway and 27-28 in the city? I would buy a LPG Terrain as well or even a hybrid diesel.

I'll believe when i see it. They were supposed to have it out this year.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1033416_chevrolet-equinox-two-mode-hybrid-coming-in-2011

·
Registered
332 Posts
bballr4567 said:

It's not the weight of the battery alone, but the weight of the whole system and the complexity, and thus cost + cost of repairs/failures vs real world savings in less than ideal climates.

My suggestion would be Hydrogen, but that's a long way of for mainstream with reasonable costs. Here in the land of abundant hydro electricity, all electric makes sense for short distance commutes. But climate again is a factor influencing efficient function.

Initial cost/maintenance/repair cost vs real savings is what's important. You should consider actually trying to save money rather than fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts