GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an SLE-1 due to price and the only thing I really miss (from my BMW) is the steering wheel controls. I also noticed that the bluetooth controls are on the same side of the steering wheel as the volume controls. I guess the easiest way would be to buy a new steering wheel with the controls but would it be basically plug and play or would there be other wiring issue? Anyone know? Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
635 Posts
You will soon eat the price you saved by trying to add those pieces after the fact.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You might also want to do a search, this has been discussed, at length, many times before.

In both cases, as you mention, I don't think it's a plug and play issue. For it to be plug and play, the base stereo would need to support external controls, not to mention the wiring would all need to be in place. Short of someone here actually trying this, you would have to speak to GM at a pretty technical level to find out of this is even possible.

As I've said before, it might be worth keeping your eye out for written-off / damaged terrains for you to pillage parts from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
NoobNox said:
Does this work pretty well?
Sorry for the delay but yes, it worked well enough. Sometimes it didnt repair automatically, but it wasnt too hard to deal with for the price.

Now, I have an 07 F-150 that I use it on and its not the best because the auxiliary port is always hot and causes the LiquidAUX to time out. I am probably going to get a Pioneer Bluetooth Head Unit and give the LiquidAUX to my wife for her Terrain since the auxiliary port does turn off with the ignition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a steering wheel that has the steering wheel controls on it for my 2010 Terrain. I installed it no problem. But the controls do NOT work. I took the car to the GMC dealer and they were not able to program it in. They claim they called the GM Techline and were told that it is not possible on the Terrains to add steering wheel controls if the car did not come with them. This sucks. :banghead: Does anyone have any more info on making the controls work? I thought about trying to find out if there is a way to wire them directly to the radio and bypass the BCM??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yup I do this type of programming for people all the time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yup already replied ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts