GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love how a few forum members with great running vehicles are so fast to criticize forum members with Terrain issues. You people need to get over yourselves. I am not and have never posted up anything untruthful about the problems with my terrain. Forums are for input positive and negative. It is also a great place to learn and pass on info about our vehicles. To all you positive posters, Congratulations on your luck with the Terrain. I am glad the majority of terrain owners are happy. But keep in mind; you are one problem away from being in the same boat as us unlucky few. I will keep my laughter hushed when you post up and join the unlucky club like some already have. I remember all the flak I got over a year ago when I reported a strong smell of fuel in my oil. Some members all but crucified me telling me it was a normal thing with a DI engine. PLEASE: Post up your input and I will post up mine. Just keep in mind that it is arrogant as all hell to criticize someone else’s input just because you are experiencing something totally different. Get over yourselves people! :soapbox:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I'm only a few days into my 2010 Terrain....what should I be on the look out for?? My dad had it before me and I don't think he had any major service done on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Agreed. And it bothers the hell out of me when some members post just to belittle those that are having problems. Saying things like, "wow, some people really like to make a big deal out of the problem they are having with their Nox. Take it to the service department, they'll fix it, get over it."

SHARING our experience is what this forum is all about. Whether it's good or bad, our experiences can, will, and have helped others.

GM has agreed to replace my Equinox, to avoid having to deal with my lawyer. If they could fix my car, they would have during one of the FOUR service visits over the last 6 months.

vice86- if yours hasn't had any issues yet, then you're probably fine, but you can check out the "issues with 2011 Terrain" thread, and also search for "fuel in oil." Just to keep a heads up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I agree also. forums are for sharing information. positive, negative..

I checked the terrain forum before I bought mine, to look for reviews and experience from others..did the same for my last vehicle.

unfortunately the 2011 had issues that didnt come up in 2010..

This forum is a great forum, with lots of activity...which is good for people looking for info.

I have mentioned before, there is another terrain/equinox forum..where the major topics are...'who drives your vehicle' and ' where do you park'...

recently someone posted about the rattling startup...2 days and no replies..(i PM'd him to come to this forum)..

and I do post about my positive experience too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
I love it when people start threads because they have a disagreement with someone trying to make them look stupid. It just backfires most of the time but go ahead and bash. Sorry your car sucks and mine doesn't that is life and with an attitude like you have I bet you get a lot of help from your dealer. I said it elsewhere yes there are some issues with the 2011 that have fixes. Not every dealer knows about it because it affects a small minority. But when you come to a forum and see naysayer stalkers posting "don't buy it sucks" it does nothing to advance anything on the forum. You and a couple of other people have been doing it I have read it and it is getting old. Your car is fixable if you can learn how to talk to people without peeing in their cornflakes and yes I have worked for GM for over 30yrs seen many junks roll off the line back in the day and these highly technical new engine designs are sure to have some bugs. Sorry you have a bug up your butt. but it is a fine vehicle for the vast majority.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mochaman said:
I love it when people start threads because they have a disagreement with someone trying to make them look stupid. It just backfires most of the time but go ahead and bash. Sorry your car sucks and mine doesn't that is life and with an attitude like you have I bet you get a lot of help from your dealer. I said it elsewhere yes there are some issues with the 2011 that have fixes. Not every dealer knows about it because it affects a small minority. But when you come to a forum and see naysayer stalkers posting "don't buy it sucks" it does nothing to advance anything on the forum. You and a couple of other people have been doing it I have read it and it is getting old. Your car is fixable if you can learn how to talk to people without peeing in their cornflakes and yes I have worked for GM for over 30yrs seen many junks roll off the line back in the day and these highly technical new engine designs are sure to have some bugs. Sorry you have a bug up your butt. but it is a fine vehicle for the vast majority.
Get over yourself PLEASE!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
can you tell me the fix that you speak of, so I can end this nightmare..

My dealer, Regional service supervisor, GM resource center,customer assistance...dont have an answer for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrusprod said:
can you tell me the fix that you speak of, so I can end this nightmare..

My dealer, Regional service supervisor, GM resource center,customer assistance...dont have an answer for me...
Mochaman is a self proclaimed expert. He does not understand how long of a battle most of us have fought with GM. The answer from GM is "it is not our problem- The HP fuel pump has been fixed and the lemon law does not apply"
I hate to wish anything bad on anyone but I would love to see Mochaman's MPG drop off the face of the earth and see what his expert knowledge with GM will get him. I am guessing absolutly DICK! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
wrusprod said:
can you tell me the fix that you speak of, so I can end this nightmare..

My dealer, Regional service supervisor, GM resource center,customer assistance...dont have an answer for me...
Have they done the recall in the order specified and it is still doing the same thing? Have you had it in enough times to qualify for the Lemon law? Suggest to them that they either replace the engine because it obviously has more damage caused by the valves being damaged because of the substandard parts or refund or replace the car.

http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=213815&chapter=DP1243&sectionids=10,&make=11&model=Terrain&year=2011&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I havent had the recent recall done...I didnt get the recall notice..also the last couple months I have gone through the lemon law..so no contact with GM during it..

I spent the summer in contact with GM business resource rep, who handles disputes..asking for a new engine or vehicle..they kept telling me the rattling startup was NOT causing any damage..not to worry...finally after no support or action from GM or dealer, went to lemon law atty.

GM would not replace engine or vehicle..Im only getting a monetary settlement from the lemon law.. car has been to the dealer 6 times for the noise..had actuators replaced and ecm update and oil pump replaced.

still have rattling startup..now check engine lights again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
admin said:
Guys, let's keep it civil in here. Feel free to express your opinions without resorting to name calling.
I agree but Mochaman seems to think negative feedback on our vehicles is against the law of the forum land. Would you remind him that forums are for sharing information on good things and bad things. I know for a fact that when I posted up over a year ago about fuel in my oil a lot of members discovered that they also had a high pressure fuel pump failure. We can't discourage input good or bad. This is a great forum. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wrusprod said:
I havent had the recent recall done...I didnt get the recall notice..also the last couple months I have gone through the lemon law..so no contact with GM during it..

I spent the summer in contact with GM business resource rep, who handles disputes..asking for a new engine or vehicle..they kept telling me the rattling startup was NOT causing any damage..not to worry...finally after no support or action from GM or dealer, went to lemon law atty.

GM would not replace engine or vehicle..Im only getting a monetary settlement from the lemon law.. car has been to the dealer 6 times for the noise..had actuators replaced and ecm update and oil pump replaced.

still have rattling startup..now check engine lights again...
Sorry to hear about all the trouble.Hopefully you will get things the way they should be.
A friend of ours owns a GM dealership. I am hoping he can pull some strings to get the upper part of the engine rebuilt or a new engine all together. We love our Terrain but I can't have a I4 that gets v8 MPG's. All my engineer buddies agree that the engine was damaged during the break in. I kid you not. When I drained the oil at 1000 miles it came out like black water at room temp. Not my fault and GM knew they had issues with the HP fuel pumps. :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
fireman591 said:
I agree but Mochaman seems to think negative feedback on our vehicles is against the law of the forum land. Would you remind him that forums are for sharing information on good things and bad things. I know for a fact that when I posted up over a year ago about fuel in my oil a lot of members discovered that they also had a high pressure fuel pump failure. We can't discourage input good or bad. This is a great forum. :cheers:
I don't disagree but remember forums like this tend to have people looking for answers because they have a problem. GM makes 230,000
Nox/Terrains a year how many complaints are here 200,300,400? a small minority. Sorry you have a lemon but that is what a lemon law is for. You seem to be discouraging positive feedback because you have been unable to solve an issue that really has just been identified in the last few months. Some things take time and effort and I do undestand your frustration try owning Corvettes half the time before they are 8yrs old you can't get replacement parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I for one am grateful to have this forum as a resource. If it wasn't for this forum and the fact that I could print out the info on the engine startup noise troubles to show the service director at my dealer, who claimed to know nothing about (and it is possible that they didn't) but if it were not for that and the video's I was able to show them, my dealer was not going to do anything about my start up noise and other issues with the engine. It was always, "could not duplicate, no repair needed" because they couldn't hear or duplicate the noise every time I brought it in. Once I finally got them to agree to do the first repair, only after bringing in all the info from this forum, and then they started the engine after that first repair attempt they finally heard the noise themselves. It was then that they did everything in their power to get it fixed and they were patient, understanding and persistent in working to get it fixed. And I am grateful that I have such a great dealer.

Can't say the same about GM though and that is/was completely frustrating and having this forum to let off steam about GM not caring has been good also. It's clear they don't want to acknowledge how bad some of these problems are because I'm sure it will cost them plenty to have to admit it and deal with it properly. So then, they deserve whatever negative comments they get from this forum.

GM customer service did absolutely nothing for me except to say they started a case for me and then I never heard from them again. My dealer, however, once I got them to believe I had the startup noise and the problems it was causing, was terrific about the entire process to finally, hopefully get it fixed. I've been problem free for several thousand miles now and I may not be out of the woods totally yet, but at least it feels better driving a brand new vehicle without all the issues it did have for months.

So, I have come on here to extoll the virtues of how well my dealer handled my problem, which is positive right? But I also came on here to let everyone know how badly GM handled the entire issue, which is negative, right? That to me is what this forum is for. For all of us to be able to communicate about our issues or our great things we love about our equinox or terrain. And probably most importantly, hopefully others can learn from this forum before they have to go through some of the painful lessons a lot of us on here have gone through.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Mochaman said:
I don't disagree but remember forums like this tend to have people looking for answers because they have a problem. GM makes 230,000
Nox/Terrains a year how many complaints are here 200,300,400? a small minority. Sorry you have a lemon but that is what a lemon law is for. You seem to be discouraging positive feedback because you have been unable to solve an issue that really has just been identified in the last few months. Some things take time and effort and I do undestand your frustration try owning Corvettes half the time before they are 8yrs old you can't get replacement parts.
It may have been only a few months since the issue with the 2011's was "discovered," but the fact that it leaves many vehicles stalling while pulling out into traffic is a seriously dangerous safety issue. Nobody can deny that.

And the start-up noise was initially discovered over a year ago, in the 2010's....and they still can't fix it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
I dont see how we can use this forum to get a hold on true percentages,and IF we do then cars with the start up noise are according to the poll HERE in favor of the start up noise.

Speaking for myself batting 1,000,First Terrain...Lemon Lawed.....second Terrain now exhibiting the start up noise.Not so sure anybody who has been through what I have would be feeling all tingly about GM,their products or customer service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I found this forum googling for a problem I was having with my Terrain. Glad I found it...cool to see there's a somewhat active forum for Terrain owners. I see there's another Terrain forum but either its super new or no one goes there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
barry83 said:
I for one am grateful to have this forum as a resource. If it wasn't for this forum and the fact that I could print out the info on the engine startup noise troubles to show the service director at my dealer, who claimed to know nothing about (and it is possible that they didn't) but if it were not for that and the video's I was able to show them, my dealer was not going to do anything about my start up noise and other issues with the engine. It was always, "could not duplicate, no repair needed" because they couldn't hear or duplicate the noise every time I brought it in. Once I finally got them to agree to do the first repair, only after bringing in all the info from this forum, and then they started the engine after that first repair attempt they finally heard the noise themselves. It was then that they did everything in their power to get it fixed and they were patient, understanding and persistent in working to get it fixed. And I am grateful that I have such a great dealer.

Can't say the same about GM though and that is/was completely frustrating and having this forum to let off steam about GM not caring has been good also. It's clear they don't want to acknowledge how bad some of these problems are because I'm sure it will cost them plenty to have to admit it and deal with it properly. So then, they deserve whatever negative comments they get from this forum.

GM customer service did absolutely nothing for me except to say they started a case for me and then I never heard from them again. My dealer, however, once I got them to believe I had the startup noise and the problems it was causing, was terrific about the entire process to finally, hopefully get it fixed. I've been problem free for several thousand miles now and I may not be out of the woods totally yet, but at least it feels better driving a brand new vehicle without all the issues it did have for months.

So, I have come on here to extoll the virtues of how well my dealer handled my problem, which is positive right? But I also came on here to let everyone know how badly GM handled the entire issue, which is negative, right? That to me is what this forum is for. For all of us to be able to communicate about our issues or our great things we love about our equinox or terrain. And probably most importantly, hopefully others can learn from this forum before they have to go through some of the painful lessons a lot of us on here have gone through.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
So far I'm trouble free but curious. You said you think they have your start up noise problem fixed and you have been trouble free for several thousand miles, yet other guys that have the problem say their dealers can't seem to fix their vehicle. It might be interesting to hear exactly what they did to fix yours so the other guys could pass that information along to their dealer.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
601 Posts
I started this forum for the same reason I started acadiaforum.net, enclaveforum.net and others - to be the single best resource on the web for each vehicle we cover. In my opinion, no amount of professional reviews, youtube video walk-arounds or canned consumer reports ratings can ever compare to a single source full of actual owners discussing the nuances that would otherwise never be covered. To me, forums serve as the best resource when researching a new vehicle purchase and for finding answers to problems or issues you're having with a vehicle.

Forums like these tend to draw more "problem" posts by their very nature because, by and large, people don't seek out a forum simply to brag about how trouble free their new car has been. That said, I welcome and encourage ALL posts and feedback, both positive and negative, here. What makes a forum "good" or "bad" by definition are the number and quality of members available to reply to a given question. We certainly have the numbers, and many new members join here each day. But in order to be a truly great forum, we need to make sure that our posts are positive and encouraging. Now by that, I don't mean your posts shouldn't contain problems or issues with your vehicle. I mean that there should NEVER be a reason to post a negative comment about another user's post. If someone is having a problem, we need to welcome them here and help them solve it or at least point them in the right direction whenever possible. If you can't contribute in that fashion to a given issue, or at least sympathize with them, then no reply is necessary.

I try to keep this forum as open and free as possible. There are VERY few rules and minimal intervention by myself or our mods. But in order for an open forum like that to work, we need all of our members to help by keeping theirs posts on topic and positive. Avoid personal attacks, name calling, flame wars and verbal battles. It's impossible to have this many people and personalities in a single location and NOT have some conflict, but let's try our best :)

admin
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top