GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the navi screen but we hooked up my husbands ipod with the USB which was awesome. And he was wondering if you use an ipod with the navi screen does the album covers pop up when scrolling through albums like on the ipod?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
TerrainSLE2 said:
I don't have the navi screen but we hooked up my husbands ipod with the USB which was awesome. And he was wondering if you use an ipod with the navi screen does the album covers pop up when scrolling through albums like on the ipod?
I don;t think it does. I think you just gain control of it like your radio was the Ipod.

If the boss AKA "the wife" would give the OK to replace the Gen 3 Ipod with an ITouch I would be happy to conduct the experiment.

I also take donations of Itouch/Ipods.

Please IM for forwarding address. ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have tested it with a 3Gen iPod and the artwork does not appear on the screen (great idea). Nor will it pull video to play on the nav or rear DVD screens. The video was a disappointment because I was hoping to pull video from my TiVo onto my iPod and then either play it directly or ideally transfer it to the internal hard drive. I guess Ill just have to burn it to a DVD.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
jbsails said:
I have tested it with a 3Gen iPod and the artwork does not appear on the screen (great idea). Nor will it pull video to play on the nav or rear DVD screens. The video was a disappointment because I was hoping to pull video from my TiVo onto my iPod and then either play it directly or ideally transfer it to the internal hard drive. I guess Ill just have to burn it to a DVD.
I hear you.
I was hoping to rip the audio from our iPODs directly to the HDD.
Seems iPOD has some proprietary compression, maybe?

No biggie, just transfer from USB to HDD (audio and video I hope) in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 (higher compression, smaller filesize).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
It will play video if you connect a cable from the iPod to the A/V ports on the back of the center console. I do this with my Zune.[/color]

For my Zune, I have a flexible mounting arm that bolted to the seat track (it tucks nicely out of the way when not in use). I have a holder on the end of the arm that holds a Zune interface that provides connections for the A/V and a charger (I've seen the same thing for the iPods). I use the 12V charger on the back of the console and the A/V ports and the results on the screen are fabulous.

The Zune unit comes with a remote, so everything is good to go.
I think there's options in the CONFIG menu to choose which input routes to which display(s).
Have to do some testing this week for sure!
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts